Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay Boards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
I have a couple of relay boards from my parts cars that I would like to have refurbished.

I seem to recall that a club member at one time offered this service but I am unable to find any reference to this on the club web site. Can someone point me in the right direction or have experience having theirs refurbished; either doing it themselves or by a vendor? Is it difficult to do at home?

Tanx biggrin.gif
914Sixer
They are easy to redo. You will have to soak the board in a cleaner and remove the tar on the bottom. Then take a volt/ohm meter and test the connections. Diagrams are in any repair manual. You can then take one of the new instant soldier gun and soldier the rivets to the copper strips. Last step with be to put a coating on the bottom that are available at Radio Shack.
StratPlayer
I went through this process, cleaned out the old crap on the bottom of the board, checked all the circuits the I coated the bottom of the board with liquid electricial tape. You can get the liquid tape at any Home Depot great stuff and works very well.
STL914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 4 2006, 06:07 AM) *

They are easy to redo. You will have to soak the board in a cleaner and remove the tar on the bottom. Then take a volt/ohm meter and test the connections. Diagrams are in any repair manual. You can then take one of the new instant soldier gun and soldier the rivets to the copper strips. Last step with be to put a coating on the bottom that are available at Radio Shack.

Do you happen to know the name of the cleaner you used?
StratPlayer
Hope this helps you out
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4940&st=20
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.