Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911/930 Era Speedometer in my 914 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Guys will a 911/930 speedometer fit in my 914 I/P ?
I need a electronic speedometer and understand its electrically different etc.
Thanks John
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(drive-ability @ May 5 2006, 10:22 AM) *

Thanks John

The 911 speedo drops right in. As for "electrically different", I guess you could say that. The electronic units are electronic, the older ones are mechanical. You'll need a sender, and it needs to be matched to the speedo. There is one for the later sportomatics, but it costs $160 and turns the wrong direction (which MIGHT not matter, as it's an impulse sender). The Cap'n
drive-ability
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 5 2006, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(drive-ability @ May 5 2006, 10:22 AM) *

Thanks John

The 911 speedo drops right in. As for "electrically different", I guess you could say that. The electronic units are electronic, the older ones are mechanical. You'll need a sender, and it needs to be matched to the speedo. There is one for the later sportomatics, but it costs $160 and turns the wrong direction (which MIGHT not matter, as it's an impulse sender). The Cap'n

Thanks,
I was hoping it would fit in the I/P hole, Its a 200 mph electronic unit and will work with my 930 transmission. clap56.gif
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.