Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this bushing go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I bought new bushings and can't seem to find where this one goes.
Picture of it here.
I know there's a Pelican article telling where it goes but I still can't figure it out, and the picture they have isn't much help.
Can anyone tell me or have a diagram?
Much appreciated.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hammy @ May 6 2006, 07:31 PM) *

I bought new bushings and can't seem to find where this one goes.
Picture of it here.
I know there's a Pelican article telling where it goes but I still can't figure it out, and the picture they have isn't much help.
Can anyone tell me or have a diagram?
Much appreciated.

looks like the one that goes on the console on the sideshifter.
basically, where the end of the shiftrod meets the transmission (on a sideshifter), the rod passes through a hole on the console right before the coupler.

bushing goes in that hole ...
smile.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Yupz....
Hammy
Thanks dudez aktion035.gif
jsteele22
Anybody ever installed that bushing without hours of beating the crap out of it with every tool imaginable, and then whittling it down to fit ? Just curious.
McMark
Yeah. confused24.gif Boil some water (remove from heat) and drop it in for 30 seconds. Should be more pliable at that point. But I can't remember ever having a problem.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Yeah. confused24.gif Boil some water (remove from heat) and drop it in for 30 seconds. Should be more pliable at that point. But I can't remember ever having a problem.

cup of water, throw it in, microwave for a minute or two. voila ...
smile.gif Andy
jsteele22

Great ! Maybe some day I'll buy another one.

NOT !

p.s. Has anyone said "NOT" like that in the past ten years ?
Twystd1
"NOT"
Tobra
Mine was easy, heated snapped in front to back, no problem, whole job was really straightforward and simple
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.