Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 factory 2.0 # in right place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
I have had this motor setting for 10 years indoors and covered. I have always been putting bigger motors in my 6 so I feel that people are paying just as much for a 6 with or without the stock motor. My car is way past stock so I have no need to keep this motor. Runs very strong and had been prepped for storage. It smoked so a ring job is in order. No tin just the long block. Let me know what its worth?

Gint
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 7 2006, 02:31 PM) *

I have had this motor setting for 10 years indoors and covered. I have always been putting bigger motors in my 6 so I feel that people are paying just as much for a 6 with or without the stock motor. My car is way past stock so I have no need to keep this motor. Runs very strong and had been prepped for storage. It smoked so a ring job is in order. No tin just the long block. Let me know what its worth?

Are you trying to sell it or just determine it's value?
MecGen
Hi

3 years ago a complete drop out 2.0l/6CYL, no carbs but with tin/alternator etc...came by me at $2K, it smoked a little
Last year I found a rebiuldable longblock for $1K....

But I think local pricing is in order, and depends on who wants it for what?

I am sure I would sell clap56.gif

Later
beerchug.gif
propricer
There are ( many ) purists who will not consider the car unless it has a numbers matching engine whether it's in the car or not so keep the engine ... just set it aside.
When original 6's are selling for $50K ... and they will ... you will regret it !
If you sell, you will yell - regret !!!
I've had 5 6's and still have 1 so that's my experience ... and my 2 cents
Joe Bob
Unless it's in the way...keep it.
Heeltoe914
Well I was thinking of salling it but thats why I posted to here what other felt. Its not in the way, I have 700ft of storage. But if the right offer comes wont that offset what I may loss at final sale when I do sale the car?
Joe Bob
If you turn into a Concour weenie in your old age....you'll appreciate the original motor.

NOTHING say you can't bump it up in displacement and stroke the crank though.....a 2.2-2.5 with S cams is a SCREAMER. Small bore hot rods are fun......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.