Full Version: WOT: Sandys car and other things I do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
Mounts
rick 918-S
mount
rick 918-S
Here's the newest project. I'm repairing a 1970 280 SL for a friend of mine. It had a very poor installation for the front sheet metal probably 25 years ago. It was brazed on and the metal oxidized from the heat and dissimaler metal. Storage caused some pretty serious rust damage.
rick 918-S
I needed to save the fenders as I removed the one piece fender to fender assembly. I will be replacing the inner wheel houses and the upper rails.
rick 918-S
We have several new parts on order. While I'm waiting for them to arrive I'm repairing some of the smaller sections. Here's how you make a rear valance panel from scratch.
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
rick 918-S
Near done but needs some tweeking. That's it for now. smash.gif
rick 918-S
Oh ya, one more. fitting the corner to the quarter panel.
Andyrew
That is some NICE metal work!!!

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 26 2006, 10:28 AM) *

That is some NICE metal work!!!

Thanks, I'm still working on it.
rich brennick
Aha; there you are!
Merry XMas to the Ollah's!
From the Brennick's/ Michigan.

You do nice work, Rick.
Because your thread is a WOT "collage," I'll throw up one pic
of my OT welding project car: welder.gif
82 VW Rabbit Pickup- Diesel
16 internal welded patch panels on original paint- YUK!
Rotten 'lil tramp...

I'll take a pic shortly, if you don't mind.
Regards,
Rich B
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rich brennick @ Dec 27 2006, 05:26 AM) *

Aha; there you are!
Merry XMas to the Ollah's!
From the Brennick's/ Michigan.

You do nice work, Rick.
Because your thread is a WOT "collage," I'll throw up one pic
of my OT welding project car: welder.gif
82 VW Rabbit Pickup- Diesel
16 internal welded patch panels on original paint- YUK!
Rotten 'lil tramp...

I'll take a pic shortly, if you don't mind.
Regards,
Rich B

Hey Rich! Happy Holiday's Buddy! Post away! welder.gif
michel richard
Just noticed this thread. I agree, awesome metalworking !

And FWIW, I agree that a bugeye and a 914 are a good combo:

rich brennick
On welding topic only;
Numerous floor pan, inner fenders. front struts and lower control arm welded patches, BUT, I've managed to save the OEM paint.
I think I'll use the box for hauling "you-know-what" from the curious on-lookers in the pic!
That's it; good luck on your project(s), Rick!
RB
rick 918-S
Dug this thread out of the depths. Still working on the Shealey. Marks914 just did a tach conversion from the old cable drive style to a modern electric guts. Looks stock.

Then Here's the header I made and the rats nest wiring. I started sorting the rats nest out but got a call to work for a month or so.
michaelt55
man...you do great work.....very impressive..

Michael
scotty b
I got to looking at a Healey we did a month ago. That car without the front clip would make a KILLER rod.. I was thinking about removing the clip, making a tube frame for the front end, Ford grill with supports and a flathead. Bitching roadster aktion035.gif
bd1308
Rick---

You're my hero!

I would kill to get a bugeye or healey.

My MR2 has some rust, I may ask you some Qs about that.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 11 2008, 11:49 PM) *

Rick---

You're my hero!

I would kill to get a bugeye or healey.

My MR2 has some rust, I may ask you some Qs about that.

Hi Britt! Nice to see you posting! bye1.gif
Root_Werks
Rick, I always love checking up on your threads. Very cool projects! Thanks so much for sharing them with the group! smilie_pokal.gif
Cupomeat
How did this Healy turn out?

chair.gif
rick 918-S
OMG! I just realized this project and the Mercedes are 7 yrs long! WTF.gif Add the Ravenna car to that list of incomplete projects. I'm coming to the realization that my track record sux!

The Healey got pushed aside for a quick Ravenna 914 rebuild that turned into a Dirkwright project. Hey while your at it, let's rebuild everything! As a storm claims guy I work 7 days a week without any time off unless I just stop working and let things pile up behind me. So now that my stinkin job dry.gif has consumed another year of my life both of them remain unfinished.

The good news, Claims are slowing just in time to give the Alien a once over for the trip to RRC... unsure.gif I hope. My goal is to not have to bring work with me and do it in the hotel while my friends party. Rant off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.