Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CDS June 5 Infineon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 5 2006, 08:36 PM) *

i'm soooo bummed i couldn't get out there today... sad.gif

glad you guys had a great time. can't wait to get out there myself and get schooled. what happened to the gt3?

Can you say "pancake"?

Lost control around 8b and did a tank slapper....wiggle left then lifted, no steering correction....wiggle right and straight off into the outside wall at 8.
45degree hit with left front into 8K pound K wall....every thing infront of the bulkhead on the left is gone suspension, trunk floor, bumper, lights, oil and water radiators. Entire left side is bent...bad.
Will make a great parts car....

Really bad part he had owned the car for only 1 month...didn't even have plates of registration yet...just the new car sticker in the front windshield.

Both driver and instructor were OK Walked away...both airbags deployed...
The new cars really are tanks....the passenger compartment was completely intact.
sww914
Hi Greg, Haven't seen you for awhile.
Hopefully I'll see you out at Buttonwillow at the end of the month with Per & the gang, if I can get my stuff together and un-break my car by then.
Glad you guys had fun today.
Steve. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Trekkor
Outsch!!
nebreitling
that's horrible... glad no one was injured.
Trekkor
In reviewing my video, I had a 2:06.

This was quite an improvment from my 2:13, last time.

KT
DanT
It's all about the lines biggrin.gif driving.gif
9146R
Trekkor, Dan and Greg,
What a GREAT time yesterday with you all. Greg and Tricia nice pitting with you guys and being on track with your beautiful LeMans car. Trekkor hey really fun following you and Dan thru the correct line...Dan you could have been a circle track guy the way you drifted my car thru turn 11 ! Nice catch several times...Thanks for showing me the line. By the afternoon I was feeling the track come to me. So next time out we gotta get under 2 min !
Greg Welch
DanT
Here is a pic of me driving Greg W's car in the red (instructor) group.
Greg riding along...grabbing anything he can to hold on smile.gif
Car was a little loose in the rear in this session so we did do some "dirt tracking" at 4, 6 and 11. Nothing a little adjustment of the shocks and/or front sway bar couldn't fix.
I just adjusted the lines abit and ran fine.
It was fun though seeing Greg give me the thumbs up several times as I had it in opposite lock coming of several corners.
He will probably never ride with me again. sad.gif smile.gif

9146R
Dan,

No it was REALLY FUN doing the ride along...any time at any track. Once I get my driving suit back from the cleaners we'll go again. barf.gif
gw
DanT
Gee Greg,
you hid it well, I didn't see your helmet filling up biggrin.gif

Love your car....
9146R
Dan,

Thanks...what would you guestimate your lap times were when you drove my car with the advanced/instructor group ? I vote Trekkor as most improved - dropping 7 seconds a lap is HUGE....fresh tires, good coaching and seat time works ! smilie_pokal.gif
gw
DanT
QUOTE(9146R @ Jun 6 2006, 11:15 AM) *

Dan,

Thanks...what would you guestimate your lap times were when you drove my car with the advanced/instructor group ? I vote Trekkor as most improved - dropping 7 seconds a lap is HUGE....fresh tires, good coaching and seat time works ! smilie_pokal.gif
gw

Judging from the cars we were running with in the red group I would say right around 2:00 maybe a hair either side. Just a guess. confused24.gif

Greg,
If you remove your outside rearview mirror from the door, remove the black gasket and look underneath...there should be an 8 or 10 mm nut you can tighten and your mirror will stay in place. smile.gif
9146R
Dan,

Thanks for the mirror repair tip. Will fix prior to B'willow 6-24 along with stiffening the front sway bar. The 3/4 turn (soften) to the rear shox helped as did less tire pressure in front during the pm sessions. Looking fwd to your driving feedback after the next PCA event we attend with you.
gw
Trekkor
Great times Trekkor - 2:05 in your car is definitely moving. Where did you pickup the most time from your last runs?

Thanks.

I'd have to say entry speed into 1 and 2.

I was entering turn 1 in 5th, getting far over to the left under the bridge, braking, heel/toe skip to 3rd gear and enter turn 2 at 52 mph.

Point of reference: the American LeMans Porsche GT2 car's enter at 54 mph ohmy.gif

Stay in third all the way out of turn four.

Also entering the carousel on the right, stab brakes and STAY in 4th!
Take a wide arc with a decreasing radius as we fed in power and GO!

the proper exit, and you just lick the rumble strip on the right and you are pointed straight up to 7.

Those two turns made my day.

KT
Trekkor
Dan, where did you get that pic of Greg's car so quick?

Here's Greg out my back window into turn 2.

KT
race914
Hey everyone, we are finally back at home and checking in.

What a great event at Infineon!

600 mile trip for us, and the Dually with the trailer only gets 10mpg!! >$200 in gas just for the trip up & back.

Our poor 914-6 was doing back to back run groups (Red & Blue) but no overheating problems and the brakes never even started to fade!

Am having some shifting issues but I'm hoping it is just a clutch adjustment...

Looking forward to Buttonwillow 6/23-25

Great seeing everyone in the non-virtual world!

DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 7 2006, 09:31 AM) *

Dan, where did you get that pic of Greg's car so quick?

Here's Greg out my back window into turn 2.

KT

Someone had posted a few pics on the GGR website and it just happened to have one of me driving Greg's car biggrin.gif
9146R
Dan,

Great shot the car in your capable hands in T2 !...The phrase "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind. biggrin.gif
gw
Trekkor
some pics...

746 on track
Trekkor
Sears is my favorite.

I'm running here on 7-21-06 with TMR.

KT
9146R
Looking Goooood Trekkor !! Nice shots of your car at a great venue.
gw
Trekkor
passing the Lotus

here, Greg. You are in this one too.

I'll have to burn a CD of some longer clips for you.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.