Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest Hacker/Virus attack ... Read This!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brad Roberts
I understood how they did it, but I did not understand that it was a two piece Trojan. I dont recall us speaking about the hyperlink. I do understand how they have to "phone home".

B
ablose58
THANK YOU SO MUCH ANDY FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! piratenanner.gif drunk.gif beer3.gif beer.gif I'll buy ya a cold one @ WCC2006!! AL
tdgray
Major Props Andy...

The fix is back :insertneedleinarmsmilie:
alpha434
I shut down my system just before you guys did, I guess. But after secluding the drive and scanning it, I found 2 trojans that had come from this site. One only manifests itself during boot to reinstall something else. I deleted a considerable number of files that were infected. Norton nor AVG detected the second trojan. I used Avast! as a third checker and it got 7 files.

I suppose that it may not have actually come from this site. Just that my computer was infected with both on the same day/time. Might be a good idea to check for another trojan, though.
william harris
pray.gif Thank you Andy. The days without this site SUCK! pray.gif
maxwelj
At the risk of dating myself....Far Out!.. No I can decompress..

Thanks Andy..We don't appreciate you enough!

Bartlett 914
My engine is blown, the weather has been cold and rainy and the site was down. What a nightmare! Now Thanks the site is up, It is sunny and warm. Did you do that too?

Thanks for the hard work Andy. It is so good to be back online.

Mark
TINCAN914
Thanks Andy!!!!! beerchug.gif pray.gif
fiid
Thanks Andy - must have been a lot of hard work - I'll get you a beer next time we hang out smile.gif
Part Pricer

I've noticed that we have a new version of IPB. That should thwart the google-hackers.

Howard
I couldn't get on here after 8pm last night, but works fine this morning. Any idea what the problem was/is? Should I be looking for a bug in my system?
mikerose
beer3.gif Thanks Andy smoke.gif

Mike
SirAndy
QUOTE(Howard @ May 17 2006, 08:00 AM) *

Should I be looking for a bug in my system?
yes. in fact, i want *everyone* to scan and double-scan their computers. and not just for the virus i mentioned, like alpha said, there could be more by now.

everybody, please, do a *full* scan of your harddrive ...

smile.gif Andy
GTeener
Thank you Andy for all your hard work getting us back together. beerchug.gif

You rock dude! aktion035.gif
cantley914

QUOTE(GTeener @ May 17 2006, 01:29 PM) *

Thank you Andy for all your hard work getting us back together. beerchug.gif

You rock dude! aktion035.gif

agree.gif

Thanks Andy

We can`t thank you enough.
We appreciate your hard work.

Steph
JB 914
many of the viruses these online banking crooks are using blow thru Norton like it's not even there. I've got a netopia router, Norton AV corporate that updates constantly and Windows defender. none of them went off. i had to find mine thru trial and error. then i confirmed it with: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/RootkitRevealer.html

Rootkits are some scary stuff. I'm formatting all my PC's just to be safe.

i also installed winpatrol and ewido anti malware.
jasons
Is this thing Windows specific? I surf on Linux ph34r.gif cool_shades.gif
JB 914
I think Rootkits originated in linux.
tiim5
What should Mac OS X folks do about this?
SirAndy
QUOTE(tiim5 @ May 18 2006, 11:29 PM) *

What should Mac OS X folks do about this?

with this one, you *should* be fine, as should any linux users ...

but, if you have any aniti-virus software, i'd still run a full check ...
type.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.