Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free 914 at 2006 West Coast Classic in Portland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
boxstr
Free 914 at the 2006 West Coast Classic in Portland Oregon, from CAMP 914

This 74 1.8 914 will be given away at the 2006 WCC in Portland. All it requires is that you have a WCC paid registration mailed and dated no later than May 29 2006.
It will require a minimum of 100 or more paid registrations to be received by the above date. All registrations will be eligible for the drawing.

The winner will be responsible for transporting the 914 to their home.

The 914 runs and drives, as you can see it is missing a few parts, which can easily be purchased from one of the many vendors on the 914club.

The registration form for the 2006 Wext Coast Classic can also be found at www.camp914.com just go to the events window.

Craig C. Laughlin

The deadline has been extended. To quote Craig:
Just for the heck of it I will kick it out to JUNE 21.
grasshopper
wow craig, that is very generous. I hope I win!
SirAndy
wow. damm, that is schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
markb
clap56.gif
Andyrew
hmmm..

now I think I might come....

hmmm
bd1308
how much are regrestrations?

b
bondo
5 lug and fuchs!! boldblue.gif
Porsche Rescue
Not sure what he is smoking, but I know that car and it is a very solid car with 5 lug hubs. It was a low mile, very nice original un-rusty car which met a guard rail, leading to some minor fender damage. The body work is done (well) and the car is ready for paint.

I'm registered. One in a hundred, better odds than the state lottery! I want that car.
bd1308
sad.gif I just want a rust-free body...

b
rhodyguy
right on. it's a short drive home for me. i bring some tailight assems with me and drive during the daytime.

k
bondo
Boy, you sure know how to get my attention.. The registration is sealed in an envelope and ready to go out with tomorrow's mail. biggrin.gif
lotus_65
i literally can't come!
my family reunion is that weekend. sad.gif
ablose58
I guess I'll have to let kermit home and bring down my truck and trailer,hehehe, Yeah I wish? clap56.gif w00t.gif
jim_hoyland
Great idea Craig; I'd love to drive home !
URY914
If I win it will be one hell of a drive home for me. driving.gif

Bet my wife and kid will still want to fly back.
drgchapman
Now we're talking registration madnesss.

Brilliant, Craig.

A regular marketing Guru...........

[size=5]Send in your WCC registrations, NOW[size=5] dead horse.gif
ChrisFoley
A deal like than makes it worth registering even if you can't attend the event.
drewvw
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 18 2006, 06:42 AM) *

That's exactly what I'm thinking right now, especially for us east coasters that have a hard time finding straight cars....

boxstr
Curretnly I have 16 paid regisrations and we have @35 reservations at the Monarch Hotel.
So we need to pickup the pace here boys and girls.
Craig
jsteele22
I've just heard that Eric Shea has made a similar offer for the Red Rocks Classic in Moab, UT. Anyone with a paid RRC registration who buys him a beer is eligible to recieve one of his 914 wives. I think she's the one on the left :

Click to view attachment

Conditions are basically the same as the CAMP914 offer :

1) The winner will be responsible for transporting the 914 wife to their home.

2) The 914 wife runs and drives, as you can see she is missing a few parts, which can easily be purchased from one of the many vendors on the 914club.

So far the response to this offer has been mostly positive. Read what others are saying :

QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 17 2006, 08:57 PM) *

wow Eric, that is very generous. I hope I win!

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 17 2006, 08:57 PM) *

wow. damm, that is schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif Andy

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 17 2006, 10:40 PM) *

hmmm..

now I think I might come....

hmmm

QUOTE(bondo @ May 17 2006, 10:43 PM) *

5 lug and fuchs!! boldblue.gif

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 17 2006, 10:44 PM) *

Not sure what he is smoking, but I know that carwife and it is a very solid car wife with 5 lug hubs. It was a low mile, very nice original un-rusty car wife which met a guard rail tire iron, leading to some minor fender damage. The body work is done (well) and the car wife is ready for paint.

I'm registered. One in a hundred, better odds than the state lottery! I want that car.

QUOTE(bd1308 @ May 17 2006, 10:49 PM) *

sad.gif I just want a rust-free body...

b

QUOTE(drewvw @ May 18 2006, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 18 2006, 06:42 AM) *

That's exactly what I'm thinking right now, especially for us east coasters that have a hard time finding straight cars wives....

DEC
nice idea clap56.gif

I will win the 914 and drive it home to Germany driving.gif

Can a 914 swim? av-943.gif

Okay is not for me....
hcdmueller
QUOTE(DEC @ May 18 2006, 08:27 AM) *

nice idea clap56.gif

I will win the 914 and drive it home to Germany driving.gif

Can a 914 swim? av-943.gif

Okay is not for me....

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should combine our efforts. beerchug.gif

The car can probably swim better than I can.
boxstr
I will be happy to get the car to Long Beach, Calif. so it can ship to Germany.
Craig
jimmyjazz
Craig

there is no way that i could get there - and would be paying for registration as a form of lottery ticket.

Would you rebate the entry to those of us who specified that we were not coming, if you didnt make it to 100 entries?

Jim
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 18 2006, 09:00 AM) *

Curretnly I have 16 paid regisrations

ohmy.gif 16?

i gotta send out my form pronto ....
slap.gif Andy
boxstr
If you send in a paid regisration I will enter it into the drawing for the 914 if we get the 100 by May 29th. Sorry no rebates or refunds.
Craig
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 18 2006, 01:55 PM) *
i gotta send out my form pronto ....

+1
ThinAir
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 18 2006, 09:00 AM) *

Currently I have 16 paid regisrations and we have @35 reservations at the Monarch Hotel.

Only 16/35??? I was hoping for a low registration number, but this is ridiculous. Come-on gang! I expect to see a whole lot more 914s than that! Give Craig a break and get your forms in! poke.gif
dlo914
how do i register? i dont plan to attend the WCC 06', but it couldnt hurt to enter.
CptTripps
I had that idea last year...but it was so my wife didn't find out that I'd bought another 914. wink.gif
boxstr
Like they said, "You don't have to be here to win"...
Craig
Ferg
"Gotta be in it to win it"

Reg in the mail today.

Ferg
boxstr
Thank you Mike I look forward to seeing you in the dijon at WCC 2006 in PDX.
Keep those cards and letters coming in folks.
Craig
pete-stevers
mine is going in the mail tonight....!!!!!
boxstr
Pete Thank you for the mail.

We have a deadline for the hotel of JUNE 5th. So you MUST get your name on their list for reservations. Don't wait don't delay. There may not be any rooms at the Monarch after that date.

If you are even thinking about coming to WCC in PDX call the Monarch hotel.
503-652-1515 or 800-492-8700 Tell them you are reserving for the West coast car classic.
Craig
mstein95
I take it (since the deadline was May 29th for 100 registrations) that Camp914 is no longer offering this fine vehicle up for raffle?
unsure.gif sad.gif headbang.gif
boxstr
I don't think if I extended it to July 1st that we would have enough.
We will see where we are then.
Craig
olav
I'm sending in mine today. smile.gif
GTeener
Sent mine today cool.gif
Now to get the car running properly...
dinomium
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 30 2006, 12:15 PM) *

I don't think if I extended it to July 1st that we would have enough.
We will see where we are then.
Craig

When you offered to sell me that part from Roots sawzall party car that I had just handed you for only twice what you payed for it, I knew you were a stand up kinda guy!
biggrin.gif
See you at the Monarch bar on Friday afternoon. You better get there sorta early, we may be banned by the end of Happy Hour!
drunk.gif
dinomium
cmon, that WAS funny! happy11.gif
Gint
Hey Craig! I sent a PM a couple of days ago. I need your paypal addy so I can pay you.

Oh and BTW, I have now secured a means to transport your Porsche sign to P-Land.
boxstr
Mike I sent it to you, I thought.
it is camp914@comcast.net Thankyou.
Craig
QUOTE(Gint @ May 31 2006, 09:16 PM) *

Hey Craig! I sent a PM a couple of days ago. I need your paypal addy so I can pay you.

Oh and BTW, I have now secured a means to transport your Porsche sign to P-Land.

So.Cal.914
No offense but if this wasn't being held in the middle of nowhere you might have

a larger turnout. Just something to think about for next year.
Gint
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 31 2006, 10:22 PM) *

Mike I sent it to you, I thought.
it is camp914@comcast.net Thankyou.
Craig
QUOTE(Gint @ May 31 2006, 09:16 PM) *

Hmmm.. never got it. I asked you if you had a 1.8 motor for sale too. Perhaps even with complete L-Jet. Anywho... I'll paypal $$$ tonight and I will pick up the wheels (and anything you might have that I need wink.gif) at WCC.
boxstr
Thank you for that helpful insight, La Quinta Cove.
Craig
TROJANMAN
now that mike has a new truck, i need to start surfing the portland craig's list for 914 stuff..........

(craig, i sent you a pm too. did you get it?)
boxstr
That 914 stuff probably came from the Denver area...... biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 31 2006, 10:35 PM) *

now that mike has a new truck, i need to start surfing the portland craig's list for 914 stuff..........

(craig, i sent you a pm too. did you get it?)

You should be aware that I plan to fill that truck without your help. I'm just sayin... You should plan accordingly. wink.gif I might have room for a radio knob or something like that.
dinomium
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 31 2006, 09:31 PM) *

Thank you for that helpful insight, La Quinta Cove.
Craig

dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.