Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New arrival from Camp914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I just took delivery of a car for a PPI and delivery to the port for shipping to Australia, a 1974 914 from Camp914. It's a very nice car from what I have seen so far. Not perfect but not very far from being an extremely nice car. I took it for a quick drive around the block and it runs quite well. The batteries in my camera went dead so I will take more when they recharge but here are a few of the ones I took so far. I will do a complete PPI on it today and tomorrow to check everything out including a compression and leak down. What I have found so far is the trans shifts very nice, the second gear syncros are not too bad, if you drive it normal, it is fine however it will grind going into second if you accelerate hard going in but it's not bad at all. The power is very good in all gears and does not smoke at all. I will check it out more later today and tomorrow. It handles pretty good too considering there are no sway bars and Boge shocks.

Where do you find all these great cars Craig?
Aaron Cox
nice looking car scott. maybe you should ship the shalom and keep this one tongue.gif

nice car. nice thing to help out with too scott. smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
He has a list and he checks it twice
and he knows whos been nauty and whos nice.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
pete-stevers
next car i buy...i will be checking craigs inventory first!
skline
I cant believe there are more replies to this thread, A nice 914 is getting ready to leave the country and nobody cares? What kind of club is this again?
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ May 22 2006, 06:31 PM) *

I cant believe there are more replies to this thread, A nice 914 is getting ready to leave the country and nobody cares? What kind of club is this again?

CSOB-Club ? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
anthony

A nice 914 is getting ready to leave the country and nobody cares? What kind of club is this again?

You're the one helping send it on it's way. What do you want us to tell you?

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(anthony @ May 22 2006, 06:53 PM) *

A nice 914 is getting ready to leave the country and nobody cares? What kind of club is this again?

You're the one helping send it on it's way. What do you want us to tell you?

send the chalon instead.... what a surprise he would have LOL
carreraguy

Not too surprised. Tried like heck to sell mine locally at what I thought was a VERY fair price all considered but it went Chris (USAF) in Germany! Maybe because it was a '76 in California?
Ferg
QUOTE(carreraguy @ May 22 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Not too surprised. Tried like heck to sell mine locally at what I thought was a VERY fair price all considered but it went Chris (USAF) in Germany! Maybe because it was a '76 in California?

I woulda bought your car many times over, and your price was low IMO, but the color killed if for me.

Ferg beer.gif
drewvw

maybe I missed but...what engine? 1.8 I assume...
jimtab
ok....for the last time...no matter what anyone says...it's NOT a club...no club would knowingly have us as members....
skline
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 22 2006, 07:55 PM) *

maybe I missed but...what engine? 1.8 I assume...

Well, I figured when I posted a pic of the engine compartment that everyone would know what engine it was by the air cleaner. It is a base 2.0 liter car. No sway bars, no appearance group, just the 2 liter Fuch alloys and a stock 2.0 with FI. The car runs exceptionally well. I just took it out for a night time drive with the top off out to Long Beach and back and took it up to around 85 or so on the freeway. The car runs so smooth I can hardly believe it. No shimmy or shakes like most of the other ones I have driven. It does need sway bars installed for sure but it really drives nice. It will make an outstanding daily driver for someone.
Rick_Eberle
Cool, send us MORE!!!

Any idea where in Australia it's coming to?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.