Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 136 PEOPLE SAID THEY ARE COMING TO WCC!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Britain Smith
Ok guys, this is typically of 914 folks. There were 136 people who indicated that they were attending the WCC in Portland this year. Now it is getting close to the deadline and less than half of those are signed up.

There were a lot of man hours dedicated to organizing this event and I am sure it was partly based on the number of people who indicated that they would attend. If nobody shows up then the dedication by individuals to organize this event in the years to come will be greatly reduced.

COME ON, SIGN UP NOW!!!

I really want the win the car so my goal is to get 100+ people to sign-up. My registration form is in the wife's purse to send out today...

So, my question to you...have you signed up? Lets get a running list of the dedicated folks.

Attending (those who have indicated that they are going to attend):
Britain Smith (check is in the mail)
Toby Erkson
Sir Andy
rhodyguy
JP Stein
Mike D.
Loser_Cruiser
Mueller
Mark Britell
Bruce Napier
Gint
Michael Wills
jimtab
ablose58
McMark
Bleyseng (working on sending money)

Paid Registrates (primary registered member, not including guests)
1. M Stein
2. John Peterson
3. Mike Ferguson
4. Barry Fuller
5. Eric Taylor
6. Fiid Williams
7. Kevin powers
8. Royce Chow
9. Paul Boyd
10. Andrew Bacon
11. Jim Chambers
12. Jeff Keyzer
13. Dave Hunt
14. Brett Laurila
15. Joe Obrien
16. Turtlegirl
17. Paul Woodbury
18. Tim Rockwell
19. Elliot Cannon
20. Ed Morrow
21. Jim Tabor
22. Mark Britell
23. Ernie Devries
24. Jim Hoyland
25. Gary Chapman
26. Thomas Spretke
27. Craig Laughlin
Air_Cooled_Nut
It'll be done this week for me. No guarantee that I'll have my teener running with her rebuilt tranny. Can't find the time sad.gif I should have my VW running so I'll bring her if no 914. Four cylinder pancake engine, air-cooled, makes lots of noise, built in the '70s (close?)...
mightyohm
I'm registered!

grasshopper
I sent mine in on friday!
Brad Roberts
These are 914 people for gods sake. They will wait to the last minute or sign up when they arrive. biggrin.gif

DUH!!

Just kidding. Get the money in or you can expect no more events.

Hows that?

One day when we can keep the site running, we will go to a subscription base and be able to fund events where people dont show up like they said they would.

B
Britain Smith
List updated, come on people!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ May 23 2006, 04:27 PM) *

List updated, come on people!!
put numbers in front of them so we have a running count ...

wink.gif Andy
Britain Smith
There you go Andy...are you coming?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ May 23 2006, 04:31 PM) *

There you go Andy...are you coming?
i'm coming ... but i haven't paid up yet ...

slap.gif Andy
Andyrew
I Changed my mind when I found out were not racing... So... 135 people (and then aaron said the same... so thats 134... and im sure a couple more as well...)

Keep in mind not all the "payee's" and "postee's" regularly come online...

Andrew
rhodyguy
i paid. last week.

k
J P Stein
I'm waiting till the last minute....when is that biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 23 2006, 04:33 PM) *

I Changed my mind when I found out were not racing...
gee, sounds like whatever it is that trekkor has, it's contagious ... WTF.gif

why would that make any difference? yeah, the track day lascht year was nice, but that's not what the WCC is about.
there's *PLENTY* of tracks and groups you can run with every damm weekend of the whole year ...

dude ...
spank.gif Andy
VegasRacer
My registration was sent last week. smilie_flagge24.gif

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 04:24 PM) *

Get the money in or you can expect no more events.

Hows that?

One day when we can keep the site running, we will go to a subscription base and be able to fund events where people dont show up like they said they would.

B

Does this mean that The *official* Club LLC will be in charge of future WCC's and other 'Classic' events? Specifically - what about next years WCC2007?
SirAndy
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 23 2006, 04:36 PM) *

Does this mean that The *official* Club LLC will be in charge of future WCC's and other 'Classic' events? Specifically - what about next years WCC2007?

just let it go ... it doesn't mean anything, just brad babbling ... don't go there ... no need to turn this thread into a bitching-match ...

dry.gif Andy
rhodyguy
were you going to trailer your car just so you could go racing? so...you don't sit around with 100 other 914s for 3 or 4 runs(all day. ALL DAY!!) and your're not showing? makes perfect sense to me. did you drop craig a little email to deduct 1 from the head count? if your cars can't handle the drive, that's no sin, just say so.

k
Mike D.
Check is the mail!
Allan
I have to wait at least until the 3rd week of June because if my house sells before then and I end up with a 30 day escrow I won't be able to go.
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2006, 04:36 PM) *

why would that make any difference? yeah, the track day lascht year was nice, but that's not what the WCC is about.
there's *PLENTY* of tracks and groups you can run with every damm weekend of the whole year ...

dude ...
spank.gif Andy

My thing is I didnt want to drive all the way up there just to chit chat... I wanted to race other 914 guys head to head, find out who's got the baddest street 914, and mostly to prove that 914v8's dont handle as bad as you guys think they do...

I also dont think my car will be ready by then. Which is another factor.

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Brad babbling = people watching and responding

Save it for later John. The point of this thread is to get people to send in their paperwork so it doesnt all arrive one day before the event.

B
Loser_Cruiser
My dad and I registered and paid. Hopefully the car will still be running.
Mueller
as long as the check does not bounce, we'll be cool..... blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 23 2006, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2006, 04:36 PM) *

dude ...
spank.gif Andy

My thing is I didnt want to drive all the way up there just to chit chat... I wanted to race other 914 guys head to head, find out who's got the baddest street 914, and mostly to prove that 914v8's dont handle as bad as you guys think they do...

I also dont think my car will be ready by then. Which is another factor.

Andrew

There will be an AX event both the weekend before (July 2nd) and during the WCC (at the Portland Historics). Is that not enough for you?

-Britain
Brad Roberts
Sucks that I have to miss this one. As the saying goes: we make our own beds (or something like that)

I'm going to bite the bullet soon and pay off the restitution. That alone ends my probabtion. I just cant swing it right now. Close.

B
Andyrew
Will you kill me if I said no?

I already knew about the autox, $5 for charity per run. Claimed to be poorly organized.

I can go to an autox 30 miles away.. and race with 914's.. but racing on a big track is different...

roughly 1300 for the cost of gas, food, and logging for an autox.... (for 2 people) is not something I have the current $$ to spend on.. And NO im NOT complaining about $150 entry fee, I think its a steal of a deal! Im complaining about the gas price, followed by a 15mpg el camino towing both ways, 3.30 per gallon, hotel price, and me and dad are big eaters when we are "out".

Sorry guys... If it was 100 miles away, I'd be there.. But this is a stretch I just cant make...

Andrew

fiid
My check was mailed last week.
markb
Registered & paid last month. Reserved a room earlier than that. Now I just gotta finish the car..... dry.gif
C'mon y'all, get it together!

beer.gif
carreraguy
I've been planning on coming from the git-go (hotel reservations made) but the May 31 deadline to submit the $$ may do me in since I MAY not have confirmation by then that my 914aru will be finished before WCC06! Sorry, but I'm not rushing the build just to make it to WCC06. Crossing my fingers regardless! Gratuitous pic attached.
boxstr
Toby Erickson put this together. It will help some you, maybe.

http://wcc2006.icbm.org/

Thank you Toby.
Craig
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 23 2006, 08:00 PM) *

Toby Erickson put this together. It will help some you, maybe.

http://wcc2006.icbm.org/

Thank you Toby.
Craig

And as I get more info/details I will update the web site. cool.gif
GWN7
My registration with a MONEY ORDER will be in the USPS mail tomorrow. I may not have a running 914 to take but I hope to (since I bought Brads old trailer to tow one with happy11.gif )

BTW I have the fastest 914 in town (as both guys that I know that have them are both out of town right now). bootyshake.gif
Gint
I'll put it in the mail tomorrow if y'all will stop the frickin whining. timeout.gif

MoveQik
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm in. Still haven't paid or registered. I'll get to it.
jimtab
Craig I mailed my check and stuff on 4/17...if you didn't get it yet I need to know to stop payment on the check and re-start the process...already got the rooms...what up? sad.gif
mightyohm
Andyrew, we will miss you if you don't come.

Think of it as a really good excuse to take a week off work...
ablose58
MINE WILL BE GOING OUT ON FRIDAY driving.gif too many pokers in the fire but rest assured I will be there not that it matters that much confused24.gif AL
boxstr
Jim what is the problem?? confused24.gif
Craig
jonwatts
I had the best intentions when I said 'yes' to the pole, but no 914 mean no attendance for me. It was a good enough excuse when the WCC was in my back yard and it's still good today.
McMark
When is the WCC going to join the digital age and have online signups and PayPal payment. rolleyes.gif I hate mailing things and I hate writing checks. I'll have to go get a friggin' money order this week.
Brad Roberts
When is the WCC going to join the digital age and have online signups and PayPal payment.

When the club is running all the events and everything is run through this site.

Until then it is all up to the organizers.

B << babbling

Got your PM.

Yes. I'll bring the drugs with me.
Gint
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 10:28 PM) *

When is the WCC going to join the digital age and have online signups and PayPal payment.

When the club is running all the events and everything is run through this site.

Until then it is all up to the organizers.

B << babbling

Got your PM.

yappin.gif
Brad Roberts
I know Andy.. I know..
Toast
I wont be able to send mine in until after June 1st. So count me out for the car giveaway. :cry:

Now quit buggin me about it! stfu.gif
rolleyes.gif

Nevermind. Just noticed the deadline is May 31. Looks like i'm out then. Sorry guys. See ya in 07. sad.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 09:28 PM) *

Got your PM.

How about the mounting hardware for my belts?

Jen
Brad Roberts
Yes.
Jenny
wait... what drugs??

Jen
boxstr
We will join the 21st century when PAYPAL doesn't take such a large chunk out of each transaction and we don't need some kind of paper trail to keep track of those who have registered.
Craig
Andyrew
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ May 23 2006, 09:03 PM) *

Andyrew, we will miss you if you don't come.

Think of it as a really good excuse to take a week off work...

THANKS!

Unfortunately I just started a new job.. (ya.. I know.. I've got excuses up the ying yang.... lol)

But luckly.. new job= mo money for car... aktion035.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 23 2006, 10:40 PM) *

But luckly.. new job= mo money for car... aktion035.gif

Assistant (to the) Regional Sales Manager at Dunder Miflin?
Andyrew
naa...

New path... Taco bell is gone..

I put together, weld, finish, reinforce and touch up door frames (and gather hardwars) for big construction jobs.

Currently have over 500 unfinished waiting for me to reak havack on..

YES I weld!!!

Cool stuff... gather, put together, square, reinforce, weld, grind, grind, DA, paint...

First day was 10 hours... I could work 7 days a week if I wanted... WOOO HOO, Over time.. Righteous!!!!

start at 7am (I'll start at 6am next week..)

Woops...
I rambled... Thread hyjack..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.