Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: something must be wrong if i'm posting not driving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
okay changed the cht, set the dwell, idle, timing, new points ,plugs, dizzy, fuel lines,vacuum hoses, lowered fuel pressure to 30 psi, reepoxyed the gas tank,new fuel filter, new tires even armoralled the interior and it still won't go past 4000 rpms. help
Leo Imperial
Tach working properly?
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 24 2006, 02:05 PM) *

Tach working properly?

think so runs right up to 6000 in nutral. gas pedal sticks a bit can't be that simple
Leo Imperial
Call me
Leo Imperial
Since you just insulted powder blue cars without knowing this is my car, so fix it yourself. Blue is faster and orange doesn't run past 4000 rpm thumb3d.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 24 2006, 02:32 PM) *

Since you just insulted powder blue cars without knowing this is my car, so fix it yourself. Blue is faster and orange doesn't run past 4000 rpm thumb3d.gif

that is the most beautiful color i have ever seen screw the valves i'm gonna repaint mine first
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(nycchef @ May 24 2006, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 24 2006, 02:32 PM) *

that is the most beautiful color i have ever seen screw the valves i'm gonna repaint mine first
av-943.gif

Just something to look at, Is the dissy advancing? They can get FUBAR inside

and not work. Something to look at.

smoke.gif
porschenut
At least once you find the problem you will have taken care of lots of other things that also would have broken.
Distributor advance, plug wires, valve springs broken, clogged injectors, or my favorite they sealed the wire mesh sock inside the tank during the coating process.
Try looking at the plugs to get a clue of whats going on. Probably won't help, but worth a look.
You need to isolate fuel vs ignition. Check timing at 5000rpm, see if full advance is coming in. Play with fuel presure and adding resistors in the CHT sensor line to richen it and see if the problem goes away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.