Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EGR Routing Question and Charcoal Cannister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Attached is a New-Jersey original Concourse '76 (photo stolen from Concourse Forum). There is a "block off plate" on the end of the air cleaner. Was this standard on "49-State" cars for '75 and '76?

The charcoal cannister seen is something I just realized I'm missing and probably will fail visual on smog if I don't have.. but I don't remember it on my California original '76 2.0 when I had the original engine. Is this the correct placement, or did it sit somewhere else in the car?

thanks
mikerose
Yep that's were mine was. 76 2.0 ca smog car.

Mike
mikerose
and on my 75 1.8L smog car.
Brian Mifsud
Thanks for the quick confirmation Mike
Demick
During the 1974 model year, the charcoal canister was moved from the fuel tank area to the engine bay. On my '74 2.0, the charcoal canister is located at the rear passenger side of the engine bay, and is not normally visible unless you look for it.

Demick
VWnDRAG
Porsche probably moved all charcol caniters to the battery tray just to make room for the EGR valves installed on the 1.8's in 1975.
The 74 loaction was better, I think, but then came the EGR valves on smog cars. Wouldnt fit there anymore. Had to move it. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.