Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jeroen
Hey JP,

So, when can we expect the first running report?

cheers,

Jeroen
J P Stein
With luck, next weekend. It's still gotta go to the alignment chop.....he can be a stinker to get into.

There's a SCCA "test" AX next Sunday....A DE at PIR the following Friday. I hope to make one or both of them.
Dave_Darling
As for books, there are a few oldies... One of 'em is almost as old as you, JP!!

"How to Make Your Car Handle", by Fred Puhn. Old, but still fairly relevant.
"XXX to Win" (Prepare to Win, Engineer to Win, etc.) by Carroll Smith. More oriented to all-out race cars than street cars that see the track, but a lot of good info.
...Rats, there are others I know but I can't remember the titles offhand. I think one was "Race Car Engineering and Design" by Paul Frere?

Anyway, there are lots of good books on the subject. I have found that relatively few of them deal with our particular form of madness--they either talk about scratch-built race cars, or Stock Cars (NASCRAP stuff), or other such-like, but most don't deal with street cars.

--DD
Aaron Cox
what benefit does the aftermarket strutholder do/ have? is it like the cambermeister / elephant racing monoball camber keeper thingy's ? nice setup..looks great on your car! .....i like the clean look of everything without the cool air bok / fan and all the ducting....looks great!
(new to the whole aftermarket thing cool.gif )
J P Stein
The Tarett mount is offest. It gives more negative camber....also has a monoball in there.

Hey, Jeroen.........

OTG, just add gas & oil and it'll be ready to Rock &.....ah.... head for the alignment chop....then Roll.

Speakin' of rocks, that's what if feels like when I plop
my skinny ass down on a fender....no move.
J P Stein
Thursday morning we go to the alignment shop.
That means that tomorrow I get to wake ulf from its "long winters nap".....that's always fun, particularly when I have to do it by my self. I disturbed many things that were nicely sealed up.
Maybe I can call on one of my retired buddys for moral support....I'd supply ear plugs and a gas mask.

I would like to take this opportunity to bitch about
the price of Mobli 1......64 bucks a case.....auugh.

Anyhew, if it don't rain on Sunday and all goes well,
I get to go AX and see what it feels like.

Schedule, Jeroen, schedule. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
JP, give a look into Delvac oil. Comes in 4-qt bottles, and is supposed to be a very good synthetic oil. Intended for diesels, but also rated for spark engines. I believe that it can be bought for less than M-1 pretty easily.

It's even made by Mobil, if that's important to ya.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.