Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So one day it drops when you don't want it too and the next it dos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
everything is undone and all I have to do is undo the bolts that go thru the mount bar and it should drop. Well I had to take a 4' lenght of pipe and put that over a breaker bar to snap the bolt heads off and it's still hanging there. So I figure if I drop the jack a bit the weight should cause it to drop. Wrong again. Hitting it with a hammer was no help, so I got the favorite 914 tool out sawzall-smiley.gif and it finally dropped. smile.gif
VegasRacer
I'm glad it didn't drop on your foot. ohmy.gif
messix
what you cut the whole effin thing out mount on the tub too?
GWN7
Yep, the bolt is rusted inside the engine bar so bad it's like it's welded in there, so it cut it right off.....Broke 4 sawsall blades doing both sides
grasshopper
why didn't you just cut the bar and get the bolt when the engine was out??
Joe Bob
Too easy...Mongo LIKE noise....
GWN7
QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 27 2006, 09:49 AM) *

why didn't you just cut the bar and get the bolt when the engine was out??

The object was to get the engine and the bar out. Those I need. I didn't care about the body as it is too badly rusted to ever see the road again. This car is worse than the orange 72 that broke in 1/2 while being taken to the farm.

And Z was pretty close.....imagine me with a 5' lining bar prying up and down on the engine bar trying to get it to drop and all that was happening was the car was lifting off the jackstands. After a few minuites of that was when the sawzall-smiley.gif came out. If I had a plazma cutter I would have made smoke. biggrin.gif
fitsbain
NNOO!!!!

I need that part!!!

LOL

good work

but I really do need a passanger mount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.