Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why would carbs keep working out of tune?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alan9144
At my wits end with this one, I seem to be spending my whole life working on my carbs. Had major problems with them popping at idle, so completely stripped them down and cleaned everything, put new carb to manifold gaskets on, rebuilt them and for a week they were bang on, no misses no flat spots no pops, but now they are back with a vengance sad.gif

Seems to happen all the time set them up and they are fine for a week then all the problems come back!!

Any ideas anyone
Joe Ricard
YUP, Dirty Idle jets. I have the same problem but seem to have fixed it with some foam insulation around the filter housing cover and base plate.

Another thing I found out was my co-driver was bending the linkage with his big foot.
I adjusted the pedal stop to coincide with the throttle stops on each carb.
JoeSharp
Alan: What linkage are you using?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Tom Perso
agree.gif on both parts.

A big right foot will kill the hex bar alignment. Also, check your gas tank, it may be due for a cleaning. Clean the tank, do all new lines (if needed, but I'd do it) and good filter(s). If you have one of those clear glass type filters, chuck it in the trash.

The joys of carbs... smile.gif

Tom
alan9144
Yeh its a hex linkage and I have big feet biggrin.gif Never had this problem with my other cars which all run hex linkage on the carbs but I will try these things out. As for filters I have 2, one at the tank a cylinder type, which could be really dirty and one of those clear ones before the carbs.

Will have a look at all this and let you guys know - oh and cheers beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.