Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYC area shop needed with "bench setup"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
So I've been chasing my tail for a couple years and can't seem to get an optimally tuned engine. The FI worked perfect (as perfect as a 30yr old FI can) before the rebuild.

I've read (Paul Anders writeups) that because I changed Cams (Webcam 73 grind) the MPS will likely need tuned.

I can get the car driveable but get some pinging in mid range (3200) rpm range in the higher gears but the pinging does stop if I floor it. I'm running premium gas w/octane boost but that has not eliminated the problem.

What should the fuel pressure be with this setup?

Anyone know of a shop with a proper bench setup that can dial in the MPS using either a DYNO or another method?

Any/all leads are appreciated.

-Pete
solex
Pete,
Check the search engine a couple of weeks ago some one posted a question about porsche shops in the nyc area. I know of at lest two really good shops here on long island (names and contacts are in the previous post)
Dan
ptravnic
Thx Dan.

Rich (nycchef) had that thread going. He's tried a couple and I'm just trying to find specifically a shop w/a bench setup and/or a Dyno.

-pt
porschenut
Get a WB O2 sensor with data logging, you will find the issue yourself.
Regarding the fuel pressure I ran about 36 with a similar setup, also had about 300 ohms additional resistance in the head temp sensor
TimT
We have a dyno, WB02, etc...

can we fix problems with 30 yo parts .... maybe..

ptravnic
Tim - You've got my attention.

I'm sending you a PM.

-pt
turboman808
Get one of these and have fun!!!

IPB Image

I wonder if this would work on an older porsche? I bet it would.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.