Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Road Trip to pick up new Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
My wife and I are flying out to CO this Friday to pick up our new(est) 914...and drive it back to TN! driving.gif

This is more of a "get home quickly" trip vs. a "scenic drive across the heartland" trip. We are planning on stopping somewhere between Kansas City MO and St. Louis MO. We were thinking about staying in Columbia MO, or there abouts. Anybody have any recommendations?

Also looking for 914 rescue contacts along the way.

Starting in the Denver area, going through St. Louis and either passing through Louisville to Knoxville/Clinton or by way of Nashville to Knoxville/Clinton.

This is a nice 914 with lots of receipts, but I'm still planning on bringing some essentials like VC gaskets, set of points, spare relays and fuses, alt. belt, fuel line, etc. Should be really interesting going through Airport Security...

Wish us luck!

Rob
TROJANMAN
Which one did you buy?
let us know when you will be here, and we will send you off properly
boxstr
He probably found it on the Denver Craigslist.
Be careful Rob, them Rocky Mountain cowboys don't cotton to outsiders.
CCLINBROKEBACK914
TROJANMAN
ha-ha

i think it might be reuben's idea.gif

rob,
i have a really big porsche sign you can take back with you (free) poke.gif
GeorgeRud
Hope you don't need them on your trip, but Reid Vann in St. Louis and Brad Mayeur in Peoria, IL are both 914 knowledgeable if you need help along the way. You're on your own in eastern Colorado and Kansas as far as I know. Other teeners chime in.
914rrr
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 29 2006, 07:22 PM) *

Which one did you buy?

We bought Ruben's 74 2.0. Appreciate the invite. but we aren't getting in until 11PM-ish and planning on leaving about 6-7 AM. Early Saturday breakfast maybe?
Gint
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 29 2006, 09:37 PM) *

Which one did you buy?

We bought Ruben's 74 2.0. Appreciate the invite. but we aren't getting in until 11PM-ish and planning on leaving about 6-7 AM. Early Saturday breakfast maybe?

See how you are?!?!

It's a nice car. I'm certian you'll enjoy it.
914runnow
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 29 2006, 07:37 PM) *

Which one did you buy?

WELL CONGRATULATIONS..XLNT XAMPLE OF A LATER 74 914..
I HAVE PERSONALLY VIEWED AND DROVE THIS CAR..
HATE TO SEE IT GO...
BUT THAT PUTS MINE AS POSSIBLY NICEST PHOENIX RED CAR
IN COLORADO icon_bump.gif
IF I EVER GET IT RUNNING alfred.gif
WITH MINOR WORK..VERY MINOR...YOU SHOULD GET A RIBBON OR TWO
AT YOUR LOCAL EVENTS clap56.gif
A BREAKFAST SEND OFF WOULD BE GRAND.. chowtime.gif
WE REALLY DO NEED TO SAY GOOD BY TO THAT CAR sad.gif
AND SEE RUBEN TOO...... biggrin.gif
LET US KNOW WHERE YOU MIGHT BE..OR HAVE RUBEN SUGGEST A PLACE,
AND TIME ..AND WE WILL SHOW UP..CONGRATS!! burnout.gif
ninefourteener
Not sure how much I can help out if you "break"..... Hell..... I'm broken now too till I figure out this problem with my carbs.

But.... I'm certainly willing to help out with a ride, a spare bedroom in an emergency, or whatever I can. I'm in O'Fallon, IL... about 20 miles East of St. Louis, on Rt 64 (40).......... you'll drive right past me.
914rrr
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 29 2006, 07:36 PM) *

Hope you don't need them on your trip, but Reid Vann in St. Louis and Brad Mayeur in Peoria, IL are both 914 knowledgeable if you need help along the way. You're on your own in eastern Colorado and Kansas as far as I know. Other teeners chime in.

I'm not familiar with Reid Van in St Louis. Anybody have his contact info? I know Brad very well. I met him at a Tweeks Swap Meet in the early 80's. Back when Tweeks was at the OLD place and they had a free keg of beer on tap all day long beer3.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif Been doing business with him ever since. Helluva nice guy! I wish I could stop to see him on the way, but the trip schedule is already a little tight.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914runnow @ May 30 2006, 07:30 AM) *

I HAVE PERSONALLY VIEWED AND DROVE THIS CAR
dude, quick, your CAPS LOCK key is stuck !!!!

rolleyes.gif Andy
911quest

If your in louisville/KY and need help let me know 502-751-1126 Tony
914rrr
ninefourteener, thanks for the invite!

To the Colorado 914 contingent, we're planning on meeting Ruben in Littleton around 6:30 -7:00 AM this Saturday to pick up the car and finish the paperwork, then grabbing breakfast at the Village Inn in Littleton around 7:30 AM. I know most of you guys are pretty far away, but it would be great to meet you all there if you can make it.
914rrr
QUOTE(911quest @ May 30 2006, 06:39 PM) *

If your in louisville/KY and need help let me know 502-751-1126 Tony

Thanks Tony! Louisville is my old hometown and my folks still live there. I get up that way somewhat frequently. We're about 3+ hrs from Louisville.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 30 2006, 06:56 PM) *

To the Colorado 914 contingent, we're planning on meeting Ruben in Littleton around 6:30 -7:00 AM this Saturday to pick up the car and finish the paperwork, then grabbing breakfast at the Village Inn in Littleton around 7:30 AM. I know most of you guys are pretty far away, but it would be great to meet you all there if you can make it.

how about THE PANCAKE HOUSE?

It's right off I-25 (Belleview exit) on your way north to I-70
8:00?
beats the crap out of Village Inn
It's also close to littleton, and more central for everyone.......

if not, no biggie.
Gint
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 30 2006, 08:56 PM) *

Just to be sure we all know what we're talking about, you mean this Village Inn? It's the only one listed in Littleton.

12622 W Ken Caryl Ave Littleton, CO 80127 - 3001

Village Inn Littleton - Google map link
914rrr
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 30 2006, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ May 30 2006, 06:56 PM) *

if not, no biggie.

Pancake House sounds great! I am always up for awesome pancakes. Plan is to meet at 7:30 am on Saturday June 3rd at the Pancake House on Belleview in Greenwood Village. chowtime.gif

Post if you plan on coming. Look for the Phoenix Red 914 in the parking lot! This is going to be a great trip!
STL914
[/quote]
I'm not familiar with Reid Van in St Louis. Anybody have his contact info?
[/quote]

Hi Rob,

Here's Reid Vann's Info:

9331 Manchester Road
314-968-4100

There's also Greg Maciekowicz
Greg's Car Care Center
5653 Westwood Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63304
636-329-9920 or 636-300-9650

Reid and Greg are both PCA members and offer full service for Porsche, as well as other makes of cars. Both are great people and very knowledgeable. Greg has worked on my 914 the past several years.

What's your time table for passing thru MO?
Gint
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 31 2006, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 30 2006, 07:25 PM) *

if not, no biggie.

Pancake House sounds great! I am always up for awesome pancakes. Plan is to meet at 7:30 am on Saturday June 3rd at the Pancake House on Belleview in Greenwood Village. chowtime.gif

Post if you plan on coming. Look for the Phoenix Red 914 in the parking lot! This is going to be a great trip!

I'll be there. I know what Rueben's 914 looks like wink.gif

I'll probably have the kid with me so I can take him to fencing lessons afterwards. Adn since my 914 is currently vapor locking when the temp is at 90 degrees, I'll likely use the new toy hauler for transportation.

burnout.gif
914rrr

In case anyone needs to contact me: I won't be near a computer from 3 pm EST Friday until Monday morning. You can contact me on my cell 727-483-0260.

Rob
TROJANMAN
Rob and his wife are now safely on their way home after robbing Colorado of one of its cleanest 914's smile.gif

Have a safe trip guys driving.gif
914rrr
See this topic discussion for pics and details....

SOT: Road Trip Complete! CO to TN in my new (to me) 914!, Colorado 74 Phoenix Red 2.0 returns to the south
Gint
You're home already!?!?! Damn. I thought I was the road trip king.

Congratulations Rob! I take it there were no issues on the way home. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.