Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doc & Cy's Swap Meet in Indy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
914Club guys had a really nice turnout! As cozy as the swap meet was we had 4 members that I saw in Attendance!

I first met Doug Leggins, really nice guy. Then I met Mark (Engman) from New Albany with his aluminum pedal boards, sway bar brackets, alignment shims, fire extinguisher mounts.....another nice guy. Then I met IndyDad while browsing some parts. Another nice guy! I gotta say we've got some great members here and its nice to meet more and more of them in person! (especially those close by)

I bought some of Mark's parts and bartered a couple more. I'll post pics later. They are very nice products.

There were two teeners there today a light blue 74 2.0 with original paint, sweet interior, really really clean. A little surface rust in the battery tray area. Couldn't really see the hell hole too well, but it looked pretty good. this car was for sale for $8000. If you're looking for a nice teener check it out. Oh, well you can't yet, cause I don't have the seller's info. We told him about the club and to list the car in the classifieds here. Hopefully we'll see it here soon.

The other car was a red 75 2.0. It was pretty nice, especially the interior, but not the same caliber of the blue one.

All in all it was a great time, except that I got stung by a bee damn it!
Engman
Thanks Sean! It was good to meet other 914Club members there. Meet had a (I think) a low turnout. WE did see a sweet 911 with a 3.2 engine init - it was a 73 2.4 that was nicely converted to the 3.2.

The two 914's for sale there Doug, Sean and myself nitpiked for a good 30 minutes. There was a blue one for sale ($8,000 asking price) that was in really good shape. Hell hole loked pretty good for a teener in the midwest.
I never did find out what they were asking for the red 75 914. It looked like it needed a little help. Interiior was nice (both cars had center consoles). Did not see inside the trunks or engine compartment.
Oh yeah - Sean did a nice dance number when the bee got him!
Yellow jackets were pretty much all over the meet.

Looking forward to the fall run - Sean even hinted we would have a "special" guest. Not sure what he meant by "special" though! wink.gif

Mark
seanery
I invited President Bush!
indydad
It was good to meet you Sean. I do appreciate your efforts on this board and organizing your Tour de Hoosier Fall run. We are looking forward to being there.
Doc n Cy should do this more often. I was looking for some stainless brake hoses for my teener, but came away empty handed. It was a decent turnout considering the lack of notice. Nice antique store and my wife and I will visit it soon. Thanks to Doc n Cy again.
Jerry
INDY
seanery
I invited Cy to the tour, maybe we'll have some bath tubs with us!
Doug Leggins
Good Idea Sean - I didn't think to invite Cy. On the way home I remembered that there is a beautiful signal orange 73 1.7 in Columbus. I stopped by the car owner's business, talked with him and looked at his car for a while. THe car is in great condition. I invited him to the 10/18 FFR and let him know about this siite.

Not sure if he will make it to the FFR. If anyone is interested - the car is for sale. It is in as good as or (I think) better condition than the blue one ad the swap meet. His asking price is $7000.

The car is only about a mile away from our meet point in Columbus - it would be easy to go see.

Very good to meet the club members at the swap meet - great bunch of folks!

It was the first swap meet that I have ever attended. It won't be the last. I got some good deals on some needed parts. Always a thrill to feed the addiction!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.