Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doc & Cy's Swap Meet in Indy, was fun!
seanery
post Sep 27 2003, 09:40 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

914Club guys had a really nice turnout! As cozy as the swap meet was we had 4 members that I saw in Attendance!

I first met Doug Leggins, really nice guy. Then I met Mark (Engman) from New Albany with his aluminum pedal boards, sway bar brackets, alignment shims, fire extinguisher mounts.....another nice guy. Then I met IndyDad while browsing some parts. Another nice guy! I gotta say we've got some great members here and its nice to meet more and more of them in person! (especially those close by)

I bought some of Mark's parts and bartered a couple more. I'll post pics later. They are very nice products.

There were two teeners there today a light blue 74 2.0 with original paint, sweet interior, really really clean. A little surface rust in the battery tray area. Couldn't really see the hell hole too well, but it looked pretty good. this car was for sale for $8000. If you're looking for a nice teener check it out. Oh, well you can't yet, cause I don't have the seller's info. We told him about the club and to list the car in the classifieds here. Hopefully we'll see it here soon.

The other car was a red 75 2.0. It was pretty nice, especially the interior, but not the same caliber of the blue one.

All in all it was a great time, except that I got stung by a bee damn it!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Engman
post Sep 28 2003, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Zoisite

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 475

Thanks Sean! It was good to meet other 914Club members there. Meet had a (I think) a low turnout. WE did see a sweet 911 with a 3.2 engine init - it was a 73 2.4 that was nicely converted to the 3.2.

The two 914's for sale there Doug, Sean and myself nitpiked for a good 30 minutes. There was a blue one for sale ($8,000 asking price) that was in really good shape. Hell hole loked pretty good for a teener in the midwest.
I never did find out what they were asking for the red 75 914. It looked like it needed a little help. Interiior was nice (both cars had center consoles). Did not see inside the trunks or engine compartment.
Oh yeah - Sean did a nice dance number when the bee got him!
Yellow jackets were pretty much all over the meet.

Looking forward to the fall run - Sean even hinted we would have a "special" guest. Not sure what he meant by "special" though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Mark
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 28 2003, 08:25 PM
Post #3

I invited President Bush!
+Quote Post
indydad
post Sep 29 2003, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 578

It was good to meet you Sean. I do appreciate your efforts on this board and organizing your Tour de Hoosier Fall run. We are looking forward to being there.
Doc n Cy should do this more often. I was looking for some stainless brake hoses for my teener, but came away empty handed. It was a decent turnout considering the lack of notice. Nice antique store and my wife and I will visit it soon. Thanks to Doc n Cy again.
Jerry
INDY
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 29 2003, 07:27 AM
Post #5

I invited Cy to the tour, maybe we'll have some bath tubs with us!
+Quote Post
Doug Leggins
post Sep 29 2003, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261

Good Idea Sean - I didn't think to invite Cy. On the way home I remembered that there is a beautiful signal orange 73 1.7 in Columbus. I stopped by the car owner's business, talked with him and looked at his car for a while. THe car is in great condition. I invited him to the 10/18 FFR and let him know about this siite.

Not sure if he will make it to the FFR. If anyone is interested - the car is for sale. It is in as good as or (I think) better condition than the blue one ad the swap meet. His asking price is $7000.

The car is only about a mile away from our meet point in Columbus - it would be easy to go see.

Very good to meet the club members at the swap meet - great bunch of folks!

It was the first swap meet that I have ever attended. It won't be the last. I got some good deals on some needed parts. Always a thrill to feed the addiction!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 02:54 PM