Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 06 Pre Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cassidy_bolger
I would like to formally introduce myself and my car to everyone. I have been dabbling on the club for a little bit while shopping for a car, and while I working out a few minor kinks in the new car. It is my first 914 after several years of plotting to aquire one, the time was finally right. It is 1973 2.0

But first off, thanks go to Craig for helping me find a nice car and being patient with my anxiety while we waited for it to arrive via truck. thumb3d.gif

Last weekend, the wife and I took the car on a weekend jaunt over the Cascade Range to Central Oregon and back to Portland with no problems - about 350 miles altogther. We even survived a traffic jamb with a little snow while surrounded by many large pickups and RVs on the notorious Santiam Pass.

See attached photo in front of Mt. Hood (the big white thing obscured by the clouds) from Hwy 35 and in the trees on the mountain. This will be the route for the WCC tour, I believe. Hope meet some of you there in July.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
welcome.png
BKLA
Nice car and Pic's!!!

Looking forward to WCC 06!!! driving.gif
rick 918-S
bye1.gif welcome.png wavey.gif
Porsche Rescue
Looking forward to meeting you. Curious to know if you look like your Dad whom I knew in college 45 years ago!
Allan
wavey.gif
914rrr
welcome.png
drgchapman
welcome.png

Looking forward to meeting you!
PCA has an autocross at PIR this Sunday morning the 4th. Come on out and play!
GTeener
welcome.png

Nice Wheaten too! smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
welcome.png aktion035.gif
GWN7
Hello and welcome beerchug.gif

Nice looking car smile.gif
cassidy_bolger
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jim, I do resemble my dad to a large degree - seemed to get the car guy gene from him as well........

The wheaten is Lulu, our fourth example of the breed. They are the only thing more high maintenance than a 914! But she's worth it.

PCA Autocross: I am not yet a member - just sent in my form. Can I just show up and watch for a bit? What time?
Porsche Rescue
Please do. We start setting up at 7am with the action beginning at 9am. We're usually there until noon or 1 pm. When you enter the gate at PIR tell them you are with the Porsche autocross group. You will be waved in at no charge. There is usually another event on the track and often those folks have to pay an admission charge. If you want to enter (it is great fun) we have loaner helmets. Cost is $30. Be there by 8am. JP Stein, Gary and Pamela Chapman, Trevor Rice and I make up the hard core 914 contingent. There are sometimes a couple more 914's as well. I will be in the timing tent and driving the black and yellow 914. Look forward to seeing you Sunday.

PS I knew your mom too so it is acceptable if you resemble her as well!
jimtab
Welcome to the club welcome.png by the way I LOVE your car selection...all the best people have '73 Zambezis...did you get to fish the Deschutes when you were on the other side...I am jonesin for that river and the "redsides"....got to fish 3 days of the salmon fly hatch on a drift trip one year....what a piece of water.... wub.gif
drgchapman
Cost is $30. Be there by 8am.

Actually.....it is $40.00 cash or check, no cc's, for the a/x registration. Tons of fun, great group of people.

914's RULE aktion035.gif
Porsche Rescue
Gary, I thought everyone got the online discount if they were a first timer. Then must register online the next time or pay $40. Could be I was having a senior moment when the rules changed.
drgchapman
confused24.gif

That is what "the boss" said. I don't know.

Just come on out and play.

I'm just a cone monkey.
cassidy_bolger
Thanks guys. We shall see if I have the guts to take a spin on the course yet. I have never auto-x-ed and am still getting up to speed on the shifting on my car - may need some bushings. Maybe auto-x is the place to do it. The car does seem to have plenty of oversteer as well and that is taking some getting used to.

I have a motorcycle helmet. Does that work, or do I need one rated for auto racing?

drgchapman
We have loaner helmets. Now that Brittain bought his own, the XL is available. biggrin.gif
Sunday morning 8:00 am, PIR. Come early iffin' ya want to help set up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.