Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A positive ebay experience.............
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
First, I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller and this is not an advertisement.

I purchased new front signal lenses on ebay back in March. The package arrived and it looked good. The lenses were wrapped in protective paper and sealed in factory (porsche) plastic bags. I was just collecting parts for my project and didn't need them right away, so they went unopened to the storage shelf.

Well, yesterday I finally got around to opening the package to mount them and one of the lenses was severly cracked and totally unusable. I thought, oh well, I'm screwed.....

but I dropped the seller a note for the hell of it and I got an immediate response stating that he would send a replacement at no charge!!

I know ebay takes quite a beating here in the garage, so I thought I'd share this positive experience......there are some good guys out there!

The seller is "foreigncarpartsonline". I'm not sure if he's a member here but if he is, thanks again!!
bryanc
It's definately the 'few bad apples spoil the pie' problem.

I've personally purchased many things on eBay and only had 2 problems that were resolved easily enough. It really pays to know exacly what you are buying, what it's really worth, and how eBay works.

Anyway, it's good to hear about good experiences.
Hammy
Sounds like a great seller. Added him to my seller favorites.
chilli
QUOTE(bryanc @ Jun 2 2006, 04:56 AM) *

It's definately the 'few bad apples spoil the pie' problem.

I've personally purchased many things on eBay and only had 2 problems that were resolved easily enough. It really pays to know exacly what you are buying, what it's really worth, and how eBay works.

Anyway, it's good to hear about good experiences.

I agree have been "doing ebay" for years and have got a lot of good stuff, even sold off lots of good stuff. Burned a couple of times but mostly my fault for not reading the description correctly.

Anyway what does amaze me is that items are sold on ebay for lot more than you cn get the from amazon.com.

The latest game from some sellers is to list super low price with high shipping and no combining for shipping savings. This is cost game with ebay as the fees are not charged on shipping.

This is the place where the buyer must be aware. Sometimes even with good feedback stuff happens. I have noticed recently some "sellers" buy a lot of stuff to get feedback but have NO feedback from buyers and then try to sell some high end stuff. This one I am somewhat weiry of.

mike driving.gif
ninefourteener
I like to use my "About Me" page to list good and bad experiences..... I feel like eBay could really care less if you get screwed..... or do the screwing, so it's my way of lashing out against "the man"

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...=ninefourteener
VaccaRabite
I hate to jynx myself, but I have been using eBay since '98 or '99 and i have yet to have had a bad experience with them. But I generally do a fair amount of research before buying anything there. Lots of people are out for the scam. Do research, and you can avoid them pretty easy.

I have nothing but good things to say for ebay.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.