Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have a large pic of a shiny new longblock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
machina
here is one,

dr
swood
I'll post one later for you. It's got that nice big Mallory dizzy too!
Eric Taylor
OT - Swood that is the cooliest aviator I've ever seen!
Eric
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Sep 28 2003, 09:38 PM)
OT - Swood that is the cooliest aviator I've ever seen!
Eric

Um, I think you mean aviary ...
redshift
He said apiary.

M
Charles Deutsch
Well, now you're just being silly! laugh.gif
Tom Perso
IPB Image
swood
Very nice Tom. You beat me to it. I didn't finish like I wanted. My pushrods are way to long so I need to have new ones made. argghh!
maf914
Tom,

May I ask a question, please? It looks like you have a block-off plate at the stock oil cooler location. What sort of cooler set up are you using and where do you have things located in the new 914? Thanks.

Mike
thesey914
cool.gif Not splitting hairs BUT...this is a type 1 motor. Notice the exhaust ports....a very good pic of one nonetheless
SirAndy
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 29 2003, 09:52 AM)
Tom,
May I ask a question, please? It looks like you have a block-off plate at the stock oil cooler location. What sort of cooler set up are you using and where do you have things located in the new 914? Thanks.

if i'm not mistaken, the motor in tom's picture is a bus-motor.
well, at least, it looks like a bus case. idea.gif

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 29 2003, 09:52 AM)
May I ask a question, please? It looks like you have a block-off plate at the stock oil cooler location. What sort of cooler set up are you using and where do you have things located in the new 914?

i see a line at the oil-pump location. that's a common way to add a external cooler on TypeI and bus engines.

Andy
Britain Smith
Here is my collection of type-4 pics...they are specifically geared towards conversion pics for my 912.

Type-4 Conversion Pics

And here is my engine as it comes together...

My type-4 motor

I will be posting more soon of the case halves togther and the piston/cylinders slid on. I have some good pics of the ARP head studs and case bolts also.

-Britain
Charles Deutsch
wub.gif
Tom Perso
It's actually a 411 case. I had it for the DTM kit in the Bug, therefore the full flow setup for a massively complicated oiling system.

Now, it's be converted back to a "914-ish" dipstick, the stock block-off, and then it converted back to standard oiling setup.

It's setup for the T1, so it's not quite 914 related.

But, it is a longblock... smile.gif

Later,
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.