Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring is Sprung, The Grass is Riz,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
balljoint
914 with a ride height 1.5" shorter on the passenger side at the wheel well.

Does that rhyme?

New springs and the problem is solved right? 100-140 lb? Are there a number of different manufacturers that make springs that happen to be the correct size and I should just poke around or is there a preferred manufacturer (or un-preferred).

Also, and in addition, I happen to have a brand-spankin' new set of Koni Yellows that came with the '71, never installed. Is there any difference from the '71 to the '74 as far as the rear shocks go?

Gracias in advance Chicos and Chicas,
So.Cal.914
This could also be your wake up call. Check your rear trailing arm pivot points,

acid from the battery can eat the long and suspention console and it usually

begins with a sag. There are different companys that make springs for them,

progressive and not. And many different ratings it just depends on what you are

going to do with it. I run canyons and use 140 lb. springs some guys run on the

track and use 250 +. As far as who to get them from there are many suppliers,

I am sure that pelicanparts.com could help you. Those koni's will fit on the back.

balljoint
No rust on this body. I went the way of buying the best car I could afford for my second teener. S M R T stan.gif
r_towle
did you have the rear up in the air this past winter???

If so, possibly one of the springs is not sitting in the perch correctly...
jack it up and see if they are sitting in the perch the right way both top and bottom. BTDT.

As far as springs go, you need the same outer diameter, so PP has those.
the shocks should be the same.

Rich
lotus_65
mine's similarly afflicted, but i ride high on the pass. side. mine's ok for rust too, and i thought maybe it had gone off road and torqued the tub a little before i bought it.
Tom Perso
Have you driven the car since making the changes? I wonder if the car sitting up in the air made one of the bushings take a "set" and now it's binding up.

I'd take it for a drive and see if it settles out. Beyond that, I can't offer any more help.

Tom
Aaron Cox
is the front sagging??? broken torsion bar can do that....

if its just the rear.... i have no idea...
Toast
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.