Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: How to sell a car on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
I can only imagine some of the e-mails this guy got after putting this car up for auction. The responses are, as they say, priceless.

Super FORD GALAXY GHIA AUTO SILVER MPV
lapuwali
BTDT, more times than I care to think about.

Absolutely the worst was after I posted a car for my (then) wife, who'd set the price and was selling the car. A guy from work came round the office and started haranging me about how the price was way too high. I tried, several times, to tell him to talk to my wife, it's her car, she's selling it, not me. Deaf ears. Finally, I said, look, if you don't want to pay that much, buy a different car. This seemed to jog him enough that he realized I wasn't going negotiate the price, and then he started harassing me about how he and his wife always do everything together, and how could we call that a marriage, etc., etc... I damned near called the guy's boss to tell him to get him the hell out of my office.

I can't remember what I finally said or did to get rid of him. My wife ended up selling the car for nearly what she was asking to a nice older couple.

Midtowner
LMFAO!

My favorite: "...I'm sorry but the very kind gent (Donald) who offered me a weekend with his wife (and him it would appear) I have a special message for you. The pictures you sent me of your wife did not, in all honesty help. Some of them looked more like a traffic accident than something that I might remotely find alluring." laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.