Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: 914 specs for CAD drawing library...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
I use Autodesk Inventor at work and I've decided to draw as many Porsche 914 parts as possible. I've started for a simple reason, I can't find those plastic funnel looking pieces for the rain catch. I only have one, So I decided to model it and then have the fab shop make me two from aluminum. It took all of an hour or so, I've also modeled a Four spoke Fuch it's not to scale but looks good. I don't have one to scale too. Anyways, I'm looking for any and all tech., spec., or hand drawn detailed drawings to model. The goal is to create as many parts as possible for future use. I will of course share these with everyone if allowed to by contributing parties. I can also model parts for those who may need some done. I would just require some time as I'm doing it in my spare time. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know if any of these parts are copyrighted and all that kind of crap. I don't need to be sued. I'm just putting together a library of parts.
McMark
From what I've seen, PCNA could give a rats ass about 914s. Rock on, brutha!
Mueller
you can model 100% of the vehicle with no worries of being sued....unless I guess you tried to sell the prints as being authentic or something goofy like that....

not sure you are going to find much documentation with dimensions...I'd think that the factory manual might have a few numbers, but not much...i've reverse enginered the front /4 rotors as well as the some parts for the 911 front brake assembly and then these parts that I used to make...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Cool. I guess I'll have to model the parts as I take them off the car or buy them. If anyone has parts and would like to contribute some dimensioned hand drawings, that would be appreciated. The more precise the better. Thanks for your support.
Aaron Cox
i have a 6x15 5 lug fuch that could be cool to see all cad'd up in 3d smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 8 2006, 09:08 PM) *

i have a 6x15 5 lug fuch that could be cool to see all cad'd up in 3d smile.gif

send me the measurements and i'll do it. I need rear and side dims also.

Here's the Four Spoke I did. It took about 2.5 hours. Not done with the center cap.
Click to view attachment

This piece is the reason I started this whole thing

Click to view attachment
McMark
Cool!
RJMII
Hey, Drew...
How many parts do you have in your drawing collection now?
montoya 73 2.0
Started messing around again...

Click to view attachment

I stopped modeling due to the divorce and moving back to California but I'm going to get back on it soon. I still have my 2013 Inventor software and looking to get Solidworks.
Mueller
See my avatar smile.gif

I'd look into Fusion360 by Autodesk, I like it a lot. At home I use the free version which besides 24 hours support and non-commercial use (okay for startups) there is no difference for the paid version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.