Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake Spreader Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I'm replacing my front and rear brakes with used Pagid Orange pads. One of my fronts spreaders broke at the rivit and I need to source another. I'd like to replace all 4 with new ones... Any idea where I can get these?

-Aaron
Aaron Cox
pelican is close.... they should have it....

in a pinch, you can rivit it back together.....

got any 32 venturis for a weber 44?
BigDBass
Mine broke upon removal as well. As per suggestions here, I just used pop rivets to rivet them back together after drilling out the old one. I used 1/8x1/8 rivets and a $20 Craftsman pop rivet gun. You might want to drill out and replace the others as well so you know they're good.
yeahmag
LOL... I've got calls out to my weber buddies (VW drag race friends). Hopefully I'll here something soon.

I'll give Pelican a ring. Thanks for the advice.

-Aaron
JPB
Do you mean antirattle clips?
yeahmag
No... It's the weird spring/wedge combo that sits on top of the pads (held in by the pins). The way I understand it the idea is to slightly push the pads out and away from the rotor. But what do I know... smile.gif

-Aaron
Aaron Cox
aaron.... been a while since i saw /4 front calipers...

i have a bunch of new pin retaininer clips if you need em...

kinda like a cotter pin for the pins... so they dont fall out...
yeahmag
Those are for the rears if I read the parts diagrams correctly... Is that right?

-Aaron
Aaron Cox
probably. like i said.. its been a LOOONG time since i touched a 4 pooper front caliper...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.