Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oh noooo...broke my new to me exhaust already
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I picked up a real* European Racing header (used) from Brad last week....

Upon trying to remove the 4-into-1 collector from the primaries, I ended up cracking a weld on the inside of the collector (right at the point where all 4 tubes join)

My 1st choice is to take this collector apart (cut) and fix the welds, but I am worried that the material has been changed from use and will be "dirty" and the new welds will not work too well.

Other options are to buy a new collector (S&S Headers-$48 bucks, Burns-$269 [ouch] or of course European Racing, but I cannot find any contact info on them)

* I said real since it seems the other one I bought is from European Motorsports in SoCal...they used to be called Eurorace.
Jeroen
Mike,

I feel your "fix it untill it's broken" pain...
Been there too many times myself sad.gif

Why do you think you can't reweld it?

cheers,

Jeroen
L8Apex
S&S headers for $48?! I want them! Where to find? are they of any good quality for that price? I will probably make a custom muffler for mine.

Mike: BTW, car started, but has vacuum leak. Idles at 4000rpms! haha
jonwatts
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Feb 24 2003, 05:59 PM)
S&S headers for $48?! I want them! Where to find? are they of any good quality for that price? I will probably make a custom muffler for mine.

Mike: BTW, car started, but has vacuum leak. Idles at 4000rpms! haha

L8, I think he meant he could get a replacement for his broken 4-into-1 collector for $48 from S&S.

Just my take,
Brad Roberts
This guy could fuck up a steel ball. Jesus Mike... I'll respond tomorrow with his address and telephone number. We could probably TIG it back together. OR...make you a new collector.

B
Mueller
I was trying to remove the primary tubes from the collector...there was a little rust at the slip joint and I sprayed a cr@p load of penetrant...both inside and out, upon trying to twist one of the tubes (with no luck) , I noticed that the collector was "giving" more than it should have.

This is one of those f-ups that can happen to anyone smile.gif
Dave_Darling
...Especially anyone named Mueller.... wink.gif

Actually, it's one of those ones that cannot happen to me!! You see, you actually have to work on the car for that.... rolleyes.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.