Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb brake bleeding question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass

Just to be on the safe side, as I'm trying not to introduce more air while I bleed...

Brake fluid reservoir: Is the filter screen the bottom of the reservoir, or just the bottom of the filler part? I'm operating under the assumption that that is just the top of the reservoir, but I can't really see blue fluid in the white reservoir...

At least I'm learning lots by getting dumb questions out of the way!
BigDBass
Like, should I be topping it off to nearly the point of overflow every 10 pumps? I've been working on one wheel for like 2 hours... biggrin.gif
bondo
The screen comes out.. take it out and all should become clear.
BigDBass
rofl. will do. thanks smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bondo @ Jun 12 2006, 08:15 PM) *

The screen comes out.. take it out and all should become clear.

agree.gif once the screen is out, you'll be able to see the level ....

smile.gif Andy
BigDBass
Good god...

I've been bleeding a more or less empty brake system for 2.5 hours. Just on one wheel.

I'm pretty damn amused by it at the moment. Until someone tells me that something is now screwed up from it...
So.Cal.914
No, it will be ok. Be patient and pump the brake pedel real slow as not to make

any more bubbles than you have now. Don't let it get low again and it will work

out.
BigDBass
I think I started out with it empty from sitting with no calipers for a couple days. laugh.gif The right rear bled nicely and in a real hurry once I actually fed it fluid...

I'm keeping my sense of humor about me at least.

I think I found a leak in the right rear flex line. Not touching it for now.

Eric_Shea
Baptism by fire biggrin.gif
BigDBass
Time for a test drive. I'm thinking 100-to-0 should be a good test.
Trekkor
Do what I do...

Brake bleeding made simple...

Why waste new fluid and worry about if the resi is getting low?

KT
BigDBass
I didn't have a long enough hose to do the Trekkor method, and I was flushing anyway. Plus, I'm only a little closer to that now in light of the fact that I spent about 2 hours bleeding the right rear and topping off the fluid from the screen to the top of the filler before I realized that the screen thing came out and then discovered a gimongous empty fluid reservoir begging to be filled biggrin.gif
Trekkor
just go to OSH or Home Depot and get the footage of 1/4" hose. wink.gif

KT
LowGT
There's supposed to be a screen in the resevoir? Haha, just add that to the list of pieces my car is missing.
rhodyguy
there should be a plastic cover, that goes over the top of the resevoir too. add that one to your list if you don't have one.

k
tdgray
Or guys do what I do... even faster.

PUMP IT UP.

Faster because it's white too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.