Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This going to be CLOSE! Need moral support!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 17 2006, 05:58 AM) *

Burkas! What the hell are Burkas? Those the things the British wore in India?

Yeah, shorts with a cumberbun, let do try to be civil!
rhodyguy
a Burka. this should be an interesting morning.

k
rhodyguy
a Ghurka. potentially a dangerous morning!!

k
DNHunt
I'm not happy with either of those choices.

Dave
dinomium
hooray beer! beer3.gif beerchug.gif jsharp.gif
914werke
Kev youv got too much time on yer hands happy11.gif
dinomium
shhhh
kevin, al, doug and Dr dave are all out working on my car!
THEY RAWK!
mstein95
Dino- you're "flipping" the burgers, right?
jsharp.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jun 17 2006, 04:16 PM) *

Dino- you're "flipping" the burgers, right?
jsharp.gif

That was Doug's job! We had Buffalo and Top Sirloin bugers with Cheeddeeer Cheeezeez~
An Red Stripe beer

Hooray Beer! Shane (red914) even showed up and kept the rezzoh full of brake fluid while Dave and Kevin bled the brakes...
I was buzy soopervizin!
beerchug.gif
dinomium
I was able to take the Green car out for a spin round the neighborhood this evening. Top off was off, the brakes worked great, the car was a little bit "darty" and in desperate for a good alighnment, but I was driving!!

I cannot thank Dave, Kevin, Doug and Al enough!! BBQ and beer doesn't beging to exspress my gratitude! You did, however, get to spend some quality time with me, so you did get something very Valueable!! HAHA

All kidding aside, where can you get four guys to waste a saturday and Al even completed both rotor rebuilds included geased the wheel bearings!!!

This is the best non club of all time! I just might break the streak of attending all 914club events in somebody elses car!

Thanks again guys!!
DNHunt
Here's Al working on the struts.
DNHunt
And Kevin and Al picking thru parts or looking for tools. Quite the back yard ornaments
ablose58
I had a fun day biggrin.gif Too bad I had to leave to go to work n stuff blink.gif AL
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 18 2006, 04:20 AM) *

And Kevin and Al picking thru parts or looking for tools. Quite the back yard ornaments

In that picture it is interesting to note My inpact tools are in the lower right hand corner, all of the WORK is going on in the Garage some 20 feet away!
biggrin.gif
That was a good day! Turns out I need more than moral support!
dinomium
Poor ugom was reduced to loaner giving up a caliper and ball join pin retaining nuts. Even with my own "you pull" junk yard, I still had to spend some coin on parts.

Some shots of the guys... Did we not get a shot of Chef Doug??
dinomium
Latecomer Shane has to pay his dues!
rhodyguy
blackest brake fluid i've ever seen during the flushing. there's a lawn mowing party at my house next weekend. who's in?

k
dinomium
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 18 2006, 08:32 AM) *

blackest brake fluid i've ever seen during the flushing. there's a lawn mowing party at my house next weekend. who's in?

k

Yeah that was nasty!
Lawn mowing party you say? If it is on Saturday and I can were shoes by then I am in!
Drinkin buddy is coming up that weekend from Portland to help me finish sorting out the 914 for the big drive!
rhodyguy
a drinking buddy huh? that should be a very productive session. recheck the torque values on the stuff we loosened.

k
dinomium
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jun 13 2006, 04:44 PM) *

Just ordered myself new parts to swap out my improved front end for the damaged one from two weeks ago.

So I have what? two weekends and maybe a couple of days around the 4th to get it done!
So I need to:
Install struts and inserts (koni sport)
Ball Joints
Turbo Tie Rods (already on the struts)
Rotors and Pads
SS brake lines
Wheel Bearings
Get frontend alighned

Find headlight short (only have low beams)
Improve seatbelts (don't have pass side shoulder belt)

PLUS all the routine long distance drive stuff! ACK

I could just drive the F150 and beer3.gif more! then tow my raffle winnings home...

SO 15 days to go what is still to do??
Now need to re adjust headlights, change it so one click just turns on running lites not pop up headlites...
Rewire fog lites
Think of something to tease or make fun of Craig that will last for three days (trak fees?)
Change the oil
Check the level of the trans axle fluid
Install Stereo and GPS power supply (yes I am a geek)
Trade James for some interior parts (please oh please!!)
Re install wood dash insert
and stuff.
Things are looking pretty good right now, so I am knocking wood and rubbing a bunnies foot (not like that you sicko!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.