Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canton oil filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Anyone use the Canton remote oil filters? if so what size and where did ya mount it .And are you happy with it . screwy.gif
spunone
icon_bump.gif Come on somebody out there must have one??? rocking nana.gif
TimT
Have a canton filter on my 911 its mounted up frontright before the thermostat and cooler. Dont have any pics yet
brant
I've got one up in the front trunk on my old black car.
(front cooler, this filter, and used to be an accusump up there too)

brant
Heeltoe914
I have one and it works great had it on a race car with a 3.2 for 7 years. 80K Miron I think. I have rebuilt the motor three times and the oil was always very clean. Its good extra insurance. I mounted mine in the front truck just before the cooler.very low in the truck.AN 12 fittings. I ordered it direct for factory.
spunone
So far seems like you all mount them up front what size are you guys using?? I guess there's no problem mounting them so far from the motor? thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(spunone @ Jun 14 2006, 05:10 PM) *

So far seems like you all mount them up front what size are you guys using?? I guess there's no problem mounting them so far from the motor? thumb3d.gif

mount it before your thermostat tho...

i would hate to see your oil only filtered when hot...
TimT
Not sure what kind of oil system your building, or whether its for a /4 or a /6

I have very little experience with the /4s. But, with a /6 we run -12 or -16 to the front of the car, and the oil return is either -16, or -20. Although on my 914/6 the return is -12, also my 914 doesnt have a front mounted tank.

The oil should go through the filter first > then thermostat > cooler> dry sump tank > return to engine..
spunone
Great thanks for everybodys input.and it's just a 4 kind of checking my options Thanks all
TimT
Found a pic of the oil system in my 911, you dont see the oil cooler

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.