Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 18"s too much for teener rims?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr. Roger
hey andyrew,

love to see the pic of what your car currently looks like... =-)
WRX914
My 17's

Brett W
One thing to keep in mind when building a race car is the fender top /bottom clearence. When you put a tire that is 24-26in tall under our fenders and then lower the car you will hit the bottom side of the body under the strut mount. At that point you will have two options eliminate the strut or move the wheel further out.
By moving the wheel further out you will have problems with scrub radius and then you will have other issues. Issues you don't want to have at 200mph.

Look at a modern car and notice how much room there is inside of the fenderwell. The chassis are designed to compliment the much larger wheels available now days.
turboman808
Just bought some used 17 inch twist. ALso came with some old tires which is good so I can make sure and order the right size spacers.
Andyrew
I dont think 18's are too big...

Keep in mind my car needs to be lowered about 2 inches.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lybones
I know this is an old post but , I've got 18x9 and 18x10.5 on my teen. I used a 1.5" spacer for the front and a 1/8" spacer for the rear. check out pics on my v8 thread.
JPB
I deny all of your claims and reject this so call improvement. It is just wrong and all good looking bling bling and and , I don't accept it so I don't desire this kinda sweet sacrilege! smile.gif

beer.gif I hold a personal Jehad against this perversion of attractivness.
Mr.C
Here's a picture of the 18s I picked up for my project. They are going to be pretty much just for the street. I could of had a 87 928s, but I was two days shy. I'll settle for the wheels.
The 18s
Front 225/40/18
Rear 265/35/18
rick 918-S
Anyone have a source?

I wonder who could cut 18" Fuch wheels from a solid billet? You can have wheels made from 16' centers but they kind of look like the centers are too small. Or maybe just have custom centers with longer paddles made..... idea.gif
JPB
QUOTE(Mr.C @ Oct 21 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Here's a picture of the 18s I picked up for my project. They are going to be pretty much just for the street. I could of had a 87 928s, but I was two days shy. I'll settle for the wheels.
The 18s
Front 225/40/18
Rear 265/35/18

I stromberg.gif in your general direction as this Jehad continues to rebel against your sweet temptations. You have no pull against the faith of my resistance.

beer.gif I return now to my rock and sand cave emanating holy golden rays of rightiousness!
Mueller
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 22 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Anyone have a source?

I wonder who could cut 18" Fuch wheels from a solid billet? You can have wheels made from 16' centers but they kind of look like the centers are too small. Or maybe just have custom centers with longer paddles made..... idea.gif

these in the picture are 17's, but no reason 18's couldn't be made the same way.

They look like Coddingtons, but there are other companies that make rims the same way....who makes the rims for Foose??...figure about $500 - 700 a pop..I have custom 20's on my truck, 2 piece design with the center billet welded to the outer half.

Click to view attachment

JPB
Dammmmmmmmn! idea.gif

Your rims are outshinning my holyness.
Mr.C
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 22 2006, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Mr.C @ Oct 21 2006, 11:38 AM) *

The 18s
Front 225/40/18
Rear 265/35/18

I stromberg.gif in your general direction as this Jehad continues to rebel against your sweet temptations. You have no pull against the faith of my resistance.

beer.gif I return now to my rock and sand cave emanating holy golden rays of rightiousness!

I'll trade you this set of wheels for your virgins. bootyshake.gif
Walter
Maybe optional (=18") boxster rims are a posibility for you guys?
For those cars, 18"'s were made a tad smaller in width. This way I searched long for 7,5 and 9J x 18 Sport-classic II's (BBS) and found a set :-)
They have 225/35 tires and are actually a tad lower than my 17" rims (with 205/50/17) before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.