Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPARKY is laying down AX SMACK!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
After 3 years of blood sweat and tears (not to mention lots of money laundrying), my little yellow 914 is having his day on the AX battlefield this season. biggrin.gif

This last sunday was the 5th first place finish in it's class (CSP), out of 6 events for this season! clap56.gif And is placing consistantly in the top 10-15% of all that SCCA can bring to the table.

Of course this would have NEVER happened without the guidance, knowledge and care of all of you guys that make up the heart and mind of the 914club.

Thanks to all of you that have directly helped me.

And thanks to all of you that inspired me with your own badass projects to keep me moving forward. beerchug.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

huh.gif Okay...
SirAndy
driving.gif smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Way to go Joe,don't give the 914 all the credit , there is a damn good driver behind that wheel !!! Dave slap.gif
Joe Ricard
Nice, knock down all the smack you can.
Plus you can rub it in that there is nobody to run against in DSP so you more up a class and Whip them too.
dennisc
Congrats Joe--Your car looks good in race trim
Joseph Mills
Thanks guys!

The 914Club is a HUGE BRAIN!

Nice to hear from you Dennis!

If any of you ever get the chance to see Dennis's car in person, do so. It's incredible! BETTER than NEW!

Someday Sparky will get a paint job. I say this every summer. biggrin.gif

Sparky
Someone named a car after ME!!! WoooHoooo!! Thanks Joe I'm so honored!
Aaron Cox
bring it over here joe.

you and i can have a CSP smackdown smile.gif

very similar rides.... motors, wheels, etc

(yeah yeah... i suck at the whole driving part)
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Sparky @ Jun 21 2006, 09:25 AM) *

Someone named a car after ME!!! WoooHoooo!! Thanks Joe I'm so honored!

Sparky - Tell your wife and girlfriend that and I won't breath a word otherwise. biggrin.gif

Aaron - I will tell you all my AX secrets... so that you can then Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia Trekkor. biggrin.gif

Eric_Shea
Someone named a car after my...

Hey, did I mention that the Chrome/Saturn don't look bad?? wink.gif

(it is Chrome Yellow isn't it?) confused24.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 21 2006, 07:54 PM) *

Someone named a car after my...

Hey, did I mention that the Chrome/Saturn don't look bad?? wink.gif

(it is Chrome Yellow isn't it?) confused24.gif

Eric - It is SO chrome yellow!

Painted by a world war 2 hero that would kick my ass if he knew I was posting this. Fighter pilot that went down behind enemay lines and came out (was also an engine tech). Has spent the rest of his time building custom outlaw porsches.

Anyway, hung out with him yesterday. He's got a bad ass 911 with an aftermarket turbo that will smoke whatever you think will hang. smile.gif

Originally, Sparky was blue. But when I paint this car, after some long block sanding, I will still keep it chrome yellow... why?

It just looks so good on the street and track.

Eric_Shea
That settles it. The GT will remain Chrome Yellow. I hadn't seen one with the black bumpers, fuchs etc. It does look sharp.

Is that the Al Reed RS treatment on the wheels?

How much does Al charge to do that (anybody)? 7 & 8x15's...
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 22 2006, 11:10 AM) *

That settles it. The GT will remain Chrome Yellow. I hadn't seen one with the black bumpers, fuchs etc. It does look sharp.

Is that the Al Reed RS treatment on the wheels?

How much does Al charge to do that (anybody)? 7 & 8x15's...

I wish they were done by Al.

Mine are 7 & 8X15's also and originally had black centers. I stripped them with the BIX spray on paint stripper.

It was a very unpleasant task. biggrin.gif

The stripper does not remove the anodized satin finish. I like the satin look - and they're just race wheels anyway.

I just purchased a set of 16" 7's for street wheels and at a later date plan on having them polished for a bit of extra Bling. rolleyes.gif

JoeSharp
Eric:Al has been charging 75 to polish and paint wheels. I had my deep 6's striped (they were chrome) polished, anadiozed and painted with hand painted center caps and he charged me $135 each. Thats probably the max.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
eric al did mine for 75* bucks....

PM me....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.