Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Make up your mind.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Well, I got the new fuel pump today, put it in, and it certainly makes pressure. The thing runs way too rich now. It won't even idle without flooding out and dying. I already suspected this, and long story short after all the diagnosis, I'm damn near positive that it's got a couple stuck injectiors. I'm not sure which ones or how many, but cylinder 2 and the enrichment injector are suspect. Anyhoo, my question is this: is it posible to remove and clean the injectors to unstick them, or is it one of those "throw 'em away and get new ones" things? For the price of a set of NEW injectors, I could get a set of weber carbs....... if only I could afford those. Anyways, I only ask because I've worked both of my cars all day and am too lazy to get up and read the manual. Thanks.
Mark D.
Dave_Darling
There is no "enrichment injector" on a stock system. There's the cold-start valve, but that should only be active in cold weather while the starter is cranking. You can clamp the fuel line shut if you're worried about that (if it's a reasonably new line!) or pull the CSV from the manifold and watch to see if it is leaking at all.

Check the injectors. Stick 'em in a couple of jars and crank the starter. If they're stuck, it should be pretty obvious...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.