Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailing arm "shoe" bracket question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I have a high HP V-8 car with 285 rubber and seem to have a problem with the trailing arm "shoe" bracket sliding and upsetting the alignment specs. I have seen some race car 914's with an extra bracket or tie rod style piece mounted on the longitudinal near the adjusting shoe and bolted directly to the shoe itself...follow me? I was just wondering if anyone has a pic or two of this set up? I'm trying to get a few good ideas before I proceed. It would be cool to have this devise adjustable so that alignment setting can vary.

Thanks, beerchug.gif

Bill
Mueller
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Jun 24 2006, 11:16 AM) *

I have a high HP V-8 car with 285 rubber and seem to have a problem with the trailing arm "shoe" bracket sliding and upsetting the alignment specs. I have seen some race car 914's with an extra bracket or tie rod style piece mounted on the longitudinal near the adjusting shoe and bolted directly to the shoe itself...follow me? I was just wondering if anyone has a pic or two of this set up? I'm trying to get a few good ideas before I proceed. It would be cool to have this devise adjustable so that alignment setting can vary.

Thanks, beerchug.gif

Bill

I'm sure Brant has done this and I know I posted pictures of how Patrick Motorsports does it as well. Heading out the door right now, otherwise I'd try and find the pictures.
roadster fan
Armando Serrano has a trick set up documented here

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/9146_rear_susp...ng_arm_cup_mods

I have seen others also, but they all seem to be similiar to Serrano's set up. Hope this helps. smile.gif
wbergtho
Hey Roadster fan,

Those pics were just what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
iamchappy
Great , another thing I have to do now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.