Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wevo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Britain got us some Wevo trans mounts in hopes of tightening up the shifting a bit.
Having got my weekend yard work (it never ends) done while it was cool, I shifted to car work (that never ends either). The Wevo mounts passed my personal "nice piece" test....unlike some other stuff.

First, a before pic, then a comparo,Wevo to 914/6 trans mounts. Then an installed jobbie....less tightened nuts. These save about 2lbs of weight. Every little bit helps....

Anybody need a pair of nice 914/6 trans mounts ...semi cheep?
sixnotfour
Looks good , I thought about those ,just wouldnt look right in my vintage car.

Jp I want those old mounts need em asap. let me know how much.
perfect for my GT, engine going in next week. Jeff
pjhaun
What is semi-cheap?
turboman808
Do you have to change the engine mounts also?

I keep meaning to buy these but I forget and buy some other part instead biggrin.gif

Have to get them next week mueba.gif

Also how do you install these? Do you just undo one at a time and install the new one? Do you have to jack up the tranny?
J P Stein
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 25 2006, 09:14 AM) *

Do you have to change the engine mounts also?

I keep meaning to buy these but I forget and buy some other part instead biggrin.gif

Have to get them next week mueba.gif

Also how do you install these? Do you just undo one at a time and install the new one? Do you have to jack up the tranny?

The mounts are semi-gone biggrin.gif

Yeah, you'll need a jack. To get the old ones out, you have to drop the trans 1/2-3/4 inch.....I tried to do it without....no joy. I've been known to make things more difficult
than they need be, tho. huh.gif
Aaron Cox
a tranny mount swap takes 10-20 minutes.....

JP - are914/6 mounts different than 4/s?

stock vs stock...
J P Stein
That's why I gave you the pic.....to see if you could tell the difference biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 25 2006, 10:24 AM) *

a tranny mount swap takes 10-20 minutes.....

This is from the guy that rebuilt his trans in a half hour....the first time poke.gif
Aaron Cox
heh. serious! takes no more than 10-20 minutes to swap mounts! LOL

you are gettin old or you are just slow! LOL

nice tranny jab poke.gif

but who is missing the unobtanium B idler gear huh?

krusty old fart
914werke
Theres a diff between a 901 /4 tranny mount and a /6?
McMark
The only difference between the 6 tranny and the 4 tranny is the intermediate plate, so I highly doubt there's a difference in the mount.

See what you started JP?
J P Stein
Jeeze....look at the pic.
The 4 pooper mount has holes thru the rubber doughnut.
The sixer is solid rubber.
Aaron Cox
we need a side by side analysis!

LOL

JP poke.gif gettin cranky with age?
J P Stein
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 25 2006, 09:08 PM) *

we need a side by side analysis!

LOL

JP poke.gif gettin cranky with age?

I don't have any 4 banger mounts around or I'da done that.
Cranky in my old age? .....no, I've always been this way.

I gotta admit that pic is the first time I've seen a 6er mount on the internet......wherefrom (apparently) all knowledge springs.
maf914
So, JP, did the Wevo mounts make a noticable difference? Have you driven with them in yet?

I mean they look slick and everything, but do they do anything? Let's have the scoop. laugh.gif
Britain Smith
We have an event this coming weekend, we will report out then...

-Britain
J P Stein
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 26 2006, 09:54 AM) *

I mean they look slick and everything, but do they do anything? Let's have the scoop. laugh.gif

Ya mean "look slick" ain't enuff? huh.gif
RON S.
Those things look really slick.

I'm gonna one put them on my must-have list.

As far as the -4 & -6 transmounts,

I've held both in my hand at the same time.

The only difference I saw was the part#.

FWIT.

Ron
Root_Werks
These are nice mounts and do make a difference in shifting. I think they run around $80 each? I put a set on a 914-6 and you could tell the tranny is being held more in place under loads now. driving.gif
J P Stein
With Wevo mounts, more vibration was noticable when sitting in the staging lanes.
When AXing, it disappears in background racket. Tho I missed 2 shifts, the mounts had nothing to do with that.....I was busy trying to stuff 5 pounds of shit into a 1 pound bag.

Brit got top Porsche time, Gary was a couple tenths back, and I was a couple more tenths back....we had a good battle going in the first run grope.....then Mr Kotzian ran in the 2nd group with his ought6 & kilt us'n.....by a big number headbang.gif
Britain Smith
I thought the shifting felt much better, it was definitely more firm. I didn't notice any additional vibration, but JP is always bitchin!

-Britain
Brad Roberts
The vibration at idle is a weird comment.

They are designed to be semi soft at idle and SOLID when you get on the gas.

B
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 2 2006, 09:08 PM) *

The vibration at idle is a weird comment.

They are designed to be semi soft at idle and SOLID when you get on the gas.

B

they must have a brain in those elastomeric pillows smile.gif

AA - firm believer in weltmeister hockey puck material ones...drove a wevo'd car and it was the same.... maybe a tad bit less vibration at idle... but thats it.
Brad Roberts
Welt sold plastic bricks that squished with heat..

What do you mean ??

Easy explanation on the WEVO mounts:

They hang in the elastomer at idle. Hit the gas and they compress the elastomer into a solid.

B
Aaron Cox
was a litte joke... they react to engine load.... i said they must have a brain... nvm...

i reaaaally couldnt tell a difference between the two, anywhere but at idle. That little difference isnt enough to justify the added expense for me....

nice pieces.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jul 2 2006, 09:07 PM) *

I thought the shifting felt much better, it was definitely more firm. I didn't notice any additional vibration, but JP is always bitchin!

-Britain

Tain't bitchin', just reporting the facts. If I ran it up to 2K or so, the vibration was less.

sixnotfour
Thanks JP ,also here is a pic. of my 76 mount ,see hollows.
J P Stein
Hay, if ya flick back & forth from this last pic and this one reel quick, you may see a difference.....like one is melting. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.