Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cableshifter for the 915 ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jeroen
QUOTE(andys @ Jun 29 2006, 10:26 PM) *

Here's a company that catalogs a 914 cable shifter. No photo's on the site however.

http://www.brandwoodcarsllc.com/mofcart/p914.html

from what I understand, that's the shifter mentioned earlier (patrick/renegade/cunningham)

I'm following with intrest. Eventhough I'm just gonna run a 914 box, but I really don't like where the stock shifter is positioned.

What I'd wanna know how the shifting feel is...
Is it accurate? Sloppy? Vague? Like a stock tailshifter or better/worse?
Andyrew
AFAIK... a cable shifter will shift only as good and smooth as the trani behind it....

So if its a modern Boxster trani... it will shift like butter.... if its a 901 trani.. it will be sloppy and hard/crisp... (my rennshifted 901 is really sloppy... even with new bushings and everything... its the trani....)

Andrew
yeti
Hi Sir Andy,
well nice to read something in german smile.gif
Well I would be happy if I could use a standart banana 911 or the "R" style exhaust. But as far as I know - no chance. What about the Wevo kit - I guesas the same problem since the 915 gearbox is longer than the 901. There is no room for it. I really like the Wevo style as well and I would have choosen it, if I had no recommandations for the cable kit and the extra price. But you really have to cover the cables in the interior if you are looking for a street car. I will post the shift feeling as long my car is running. I hope it does not take too much time.

rocking nana.gif

Yeti
SirAndy
QUOTE(yeti @ Jul 1 2006, 09:59 AM) *

Well I would be happy if I could use a standart banana 911 or the "R" style exhaust. But as far as I know - no chance. What about the Wevo kit - I guesas the same problem since the 915 gearbox is longer than the 901.

for the WEVO kit, it looks like the endcover is much thinner, this *might* just leave enough room for the banana style muffler (which is what i have) ...

here's a pic of a WEVO 915 next to a tailshifter 901, it looks like there's plenty of room ...

IPB Image

http://www.wevo.com/wevo915sideshift.htm

damm it, i'm still on the fence ... biggrin.gif

WEVO or Cable Shift ?
confused24.gif Andy
jim912928
Andy, after reading this thread, others, seeing pics of backside and passenger compartments...I've decided to go Wevo. mounting to the car is cleaner, looks like you can use standard muffler mounting stuff, I've never heard anything bad about the setup, don't have extensively modify the passengers compartment. And for me I get better highway gearing (already have my 3.2l and it's original mated 915). Looks like I'm going to take the plunge!
redshift
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jun 27 2006, 05:09 PM) *

oooh.....I've been waiting for this; did you try "search"?? alfred.gif

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Oh jees! What a hoot!

POW! clap56.gif

M
zaphod750
Hello to all...

I am new to the board, so go easy on me...( givemebeer.gif )

I have procured an sti engine and a 915 transmission that will be going into my 914 shortly after it comes down off the rotisserie...which it will be going on as soon as I get the rotisserie built. cart, horse, whatever. Long story short, I am looking for a good shifter setup as well. I found some pictures of the branwood shifter Here. The guts of the shifter have been cleverly concealed..but it doesn't appear to bear a striking resemblance to the renegade shifter.
yeti
Hi.
Well Andy, are you sure that you have the same "room" for the banana style exhaust with the Wevo kit? The picture with the 2 gearboxes might do not justice to it. Are there guys here in the forum, that use the Wevo kit with the 915 gearbox? Or the Wevo guys should have an answer. You could messure the 914 gearbox and compare. Right, the Wevo kit looks clean and you do not have to build a console on the street car. But the thing is: you want to have to choose the best shifter system. That is just a recommandation of course - I got it from a company that have a lot of experience with gearboxes. I guess the know about Wevo. Well I will see if it runs.
The mooreparts shifter look the same than the PMS that I have in my car. Good price.

Yeti
Brad Roberts
The stock 911 banana will not work with the WEVO setup. You have to cut a hole in the muffler and patch it back up. Fairly simple, but it has to be done. I think it would work with a Bursche header/muffler combo with mods.

The lower portion that says WEVO on it hits the banana muffler.

Where did all these new people come from ??LOL

welcome.png

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.