Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optimal V8 Engine/Trans Mounts (for street/track combo)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cobra94563
I've seen different combo's used, what is the consensus?

clap56.gif
Nickm1
My vote is for solid all the way around, I have sport engine and solid tranny.
Crazyhippy
solid @ engine bar to chassis, chevy @ engine bar to motor.
Sport @ transaxle.

Does a decent job of cutting out vibrations, yet controls movements really well.

Have run just over 500HP on R-compounds this way w/ no mount related issues (dont ask about trannys....)

BJH
cobra94563
We need a tie-breaker...

popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
Do you want the trani to move? Do you want the chassis to move? Do you want the engine to move?

I have no experience..
drive-ability
I have 3 sets of mounts holding my engine and transmission in. I use the renegade cross-member and Chevy mounts on the engine along with Cadillac body mounts on each end of the cross-member. The transmission has 911 mounts. Works great and really helps with engine vibration.
cobra94563
I assumed most have the rubber chevy engine mounts (correct me if that is not the case.)

One thread mentioned those engine-to-cross-member mounts are enough to isolate the engine vibration and you could improve shifting with solid elsewhere..

confused24.gif
marks914
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Jun 28 2006, 11:44 AM) *

solid @ engine bar to chassis, chevy @ engine bar to motor.
Sport @ transaxle.

Does a decent job of cutting out vibrations, yet controls movements really well.

Have run just over 500HP on R-compounds this way w/ no mount related issues (dont ask about trannys....)

BJH

I agree, thats what I run, feels great!

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.