its going into a 72

what dizzy should i use?

009?

something with vac advance?

-shaggy
Rusty
If Jake did the cam... gotta ask him to be sure. confused24.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Take that 009 and see if it floats... in a very deep lake.
Mueller
QUOTE(shaggy @ Jun 28 2006, 02:59 AM) *

im building a 2.0 with a raby cam that will be running stock d-jet

its going into a 72

what dizzy should i use?

009?

something with vac advance?

-shaggy

Stock D-Jet??

If so, you'll need to keep the stock dizzy unless you can figure out a way to trigger the ECU....the following circuit works, you can do a search using "+circuit +trigger" for more info....I've run a Mallory with the D-Jet using the following circuit.

IPB Image
shaggy
electrical diagrams are not my strong point
ill have to have john explain it to me when he gets back from his x-rays

when i bought the engine i did not get the dizzy with it.

i have 2 dizzys here sitting on my desk but i dont believe either of them are stock

i have a 019 w/ vac

and

005 w/ vac

i could snag the dizzy off my 1.7 when i take out, but then im still down one dizzy...

is the dizzy for the stock 1.7 D jet the same as the dizzy for the stock 2.0 D jet?

thanks
-jim
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(shaggy @ Jun 28 2006, 12:32 PM) *

electrical diagrams are not my strong point
ill have to have john explain it to me when he gets back from his x-rays

when i bought the engine i did not get the dizzy with it.

i have 2 dizzys here sitting on my desk but i dont believe either of them are stock

i have a 019 w/ vac

and

005 w/ vac

i could snag the dizzy off my 1.7 when i take out, but then im still down one dizzy...

is the dizzy for the stock 1.7 D jet the same as the dizzy for the stock 2.0 D jet?

thanks
-jim

Similar, but not the same advance curve. You MUST use a stock distributor unless, as has been said, you find a way to trigger the injectors. The Cap'n
shaggy
Cap'n, do you happen to know the number of a stock dizzy?

im sure i can find one in town(we have a porsche wrecking yard and they have about 12 914's), i just need to know what to look for.
Dave_Darling
At a minimum, you need to have one that has the three-wire connector down in front of the distributor body. That connector is for the "trigger points", and that tells the injectors when to open.

--DD
TravisNeff
What are the part numbers for your MPS and ECU? with that info we can find out what distributor you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.