Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In response to Andy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

Original locked thread

last time i checked, he was paid by another club member out of his own pocket (!) who brokered the deal for you. after you canceled the check. i don't know what language you use, but "small claims" certainly *is* in your vocabulary ...

you got a great deal for all the work done and materials used. you even got free work out of the painter after he discovered that your old paint was flaking everywhere. he removed all the old BAD paint for *free* as that had not been part of the initial deal. he spent extra hour cleaning everything, did a lot of bodywork, did a custom color match so the paint would match the rest of the car.

all that for very little money. you got a great deal!
bye1.gif Andy

PS: "reasonable manner" is not the kind language i would use to describe your part of dealing with this ...

A) I paid him out of my pocket - Check your facts.

cool.gif The paint does NOT match.

C) It was NOT taken down to bare metal.

D) "Small Claims" was not in my vocab. you should check your facts.

E) The paint on my valances and rockers are now bubbling and they were taken to bare metal. Shit paint job.

F)The car now has to be repainted entirely.

G)I wasn't asking for a great deal. I was asking for a great job.

What part in this do you have Andy? You should mind your own business or check your facts before shooting your mouth off.

The paint job speaks for itself and I welcome anyone to come over and have a look at it.
Joe Bob
Negative on another thread Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

This is a civil matter. TAKE IT OFF THE BOARD.

CLOSED.
SirAndy
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 28 2006, 06:29 PM) *

A) I paid him out of my pocket - Check your facts.

cool.gif The paint does NOT match.

C) It was NOT taken down to bare metal.

D) "Small Claims" was not in my vocab. you should check your facts.

E) The paint on my valances and rockers are now bubbling and they were taken to bare metal. Shit paint job.

F)The car now has to be repainted entirely.

G)I wasn't asking for a great deal. I was asking for a great job.

What part in this do you have Andy? You should mind your own business or check your facts before shooting your mouth off.

The paint job speaks for itself and I welcome anyone to come over and have a look at it.

what part i have in this? pretty simple, you use a public forum to bash a guy who is not a member here and has no way of telling his side of the story and refute any of your claims.
i simply happened to be at his shop that day and was witness to all the drama.
there *is* a second side to this (as with all things) and you convieniently omitted a few facts to paint (pun intented) a very bad picture of the guy and his work.

i dare to disagree with your assessment, and that's why i'm posting here ...
i call your recollection of events bs.gif

- you *did* threaten him with small claims court

- you *did* refuse to pay $2000 for work done and canceled the initial check written. that *is* a fact my friend.
it is also a fact that another clubmember paid the painter *out of his own pocket* because he felt obligated as he brokered the deal for you!
you did, however, apparently send a check for $1500 today without telling anybody. i guess you spoke to someone smarter than you who told you that you can not refuse to pay AND go to small claims at the same time. gotta pay something first, then get that huge settlement. well done!

- the paint used is a *very* close match. you also failed to mention (convieniently) that your current paint is a respray of marginal quality.
the factory "signal orange" was not even close to your current paint and a custom paint mix had to be created. (not part of the original deal!)

- nowhere in my post does it say "down to bare metal". it says the "bad" paint was removed. in fact, your paint was so bad, it flaked off when hit with the air-gun!
removal of old paint was *not* part of the deal and you got that work for *free* ...

- show me your valances. actually, even better, take the painter up on his offer and have *him* have a look at it.

- you *were* asking for a great deal and you never, let me repeat this, NEVER talked to the painter about anything you wanted from this paintjob.
go ahead and ask scott how much he would charge you for a "great job". i can promise you, it will not even be close to $2k. in fact, i can also promise you, scott wouldn't even touch your car ...
you got $800 - $1000 in materials alone.
$2000 for what you got is a bargin!

- he *did* offer to have a look at the car and discuss your issues, but you declined.

i saw the paintjob. it looked good to me. i never saw it in daylight, but i looked it over in the shop and i didn't see anything wrong with it.

in fact, you liked it too when you picked up the car ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy

PS: as for "F)The car now has to be repainted entirely." when i heard you talking about taking him to small claims, i immediately thought, now he's gonna try to get a complete concours repaint of his car for free ...
i might be wrong, but that's where i think this is heading ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.