Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny gears sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I have a total of 6 trannys disasembled in boxes and started to remove the dogteeth so I can move them along with the bands and sliders to another box so I can sort them out for god ones and bad ones but now I am left with lots of gears. Some have a letter stamped on them and others have info engraved on them. So far I remember seeing U, P, Z or N (not sure) stamped on and some have ( II ) engraved on them in front of the engraved letter. Are the stamped one for one shaft and the engraved ones for the other shaft thus matching gear? Thanks Jim

I finally swapped bad dogteeth, bad sliders and bad bands for better ones in my tail shifter and it took several hours. I have several hours to go until tranny is completely reassembled. I am begining to understand the really tremendous value of Dr. Evil's tranny rebuild service and would suggest at least some new syncro bands to anyone rebuilding a tranny as most of mine looked like crap, they are the cheapest parts in the tranny, and your more expensive parts will last longer with new bands.
fitsbain
Sometimes you will even get lucky and find good parts.

E. opened up 2 at my plce and found almost everything in very good shape.
Aaron Cox
the markins are usually worthless...

you need to do a teethcount.
its a ratio X:Y

11:34 is an 'A' first gear.... for example

i have a chart in my blog somewhere
jimkelly
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?auto...ach&id=3082

COOL THANKS

JIM

GEAR SETS GEAR RATIO GEAR RATIOS TRANNY GEARS GEAR SET
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.