Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate to ask this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkslvr
How do you get to the spark plugs on a 2.0L.

I need to replce cyl #2
Allan
Just locate #2 plug, pull the plug wire and R&R plug.
tdgray
Make sure you plug socket has the little rubber gasket on the inside or you'll loose your spark plug under the tin.

jkslvr
ok, I found the wire, but do I pull it out? It does not want to budge. or is there something I need to remove? then pull the wire off the plug and replace?
tdgray
Nope nothing to remove.

Wire has a long hard plastic insulator on it.

Pull hard... but not too hard. biggrin.gif
Allan
And try to wiggle it a little...
tdgray
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 29 2006, 04:50 PM) *

And try to wiggle it a little...

Thats what she said... av-943.gif

Oh come on you didn't think we were going to get thru a whole thread without a smart ass comment did you biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
this is like the Todd and Allen Show.
Allan
I could see her ears move when I did.... slap.gif
Rand
Pull on the plastic insulator/connector at the end, not the wire itself. If you pull hard on the wire you can pull it out of the insulator (especially with the type that has a tip that screws into the core of the wire).

Given that, don't worry about how hard to pull. Pull 'til it comes off!

Now, just curious... since you don't know how to pull plug wires, how do you know you need to replace plug #2?
jkslvr
haha

No, I have not worked on 914s, only audis and stuff. So I checked the distibutor and a series of other things. and came to the conclusion that the plug was bad. the plug is getting a spark but the cyl is not firing.

I just did not want to pull on something I shouldnt
Rand
The easy way I know to find the cylinder that's not firing is by pulling plug wires one at a time. You haven't pulled plug wires, but you have concluded that plug #2 was bad by "checking the distributor and a series of other things." Please elaborate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.