Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Cam & Lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So today I call Webcam. Appearantly you can't use solid lifters on a hydro cam. And, they don't want my core (shit, I don't want my core...). So I tell them I'm running stock injection and I can't have any wild/funky overlap. So they reccommend an 86-series grind (for stock injection) for my use: AX/Street. Hm, this might be interesting. I vaguely remember the cam I was going to use on my 2056cc beast was an 86b with +5ยบ duration on exhaust, and that was going to provide some power. I wanted to buy Raby's cam for L-Jet, but I can't find it on his website, and appearantly their shop is closed until July 17th - so there goes that option.

I'm asking for opinions from engine builders... What should I expect with an 86-series cam on L-Jet? Webcam assures me it'll be compatible with stock injection. I think it's a good thing they have a return policy.
Aaron Cox
you need jakes 9550 or a web 73 iirc....

what do i win?
get on aim boy...
swood
I gotz the 73 grind, ceramic lifters, 1911cc/L-jet.

No problems yet......wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(swood @ Jun 30 2006, 07:55 PM) *

I gotz the 73 grind, ceramic lifters, 1911cc/L-jet.

No problems yet......wink.gif

it has to drive first LOL

mallory dizzy is in your future brando
swood
Oh...yeah...heh.

Gotz the mallory too!

No problems yet...
gregrobbins
Have 250 miles on a complete 2.0L rebuilt with Web 73 using stock D-Jet. I think I am going to like this combo a lot. Have not pushed it yet, but feels like it has better mid and upper range pop. Hunts at idle when cold, but I was expecting that. Smooths out pretty good once the motor is warm.
G e o r g e
the cam jake sent me for the 1911 is his 9530 cam. using it with my 74 l jet
beerchug.gif
Brando
icon_bump.gif

I'm still trying to get opinions and ideas on a cam selection before I go buy it next wednesday. Since Jake's shop is closed and I'm buttoning this thing up by next Friday...

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Guys with the Raby L-Jet cams... What's your powerband like? Does it seem to have more power in the low, mid or top end?

Guys with the Web cam (73?)... I ask the same. How is it compared to the original driveability of the engine? Power increase?
Brad Roberts
Unless you are running a header... the extra duration on exhaust wont make any difference.

I have used the 86a and b on lots of different engines. Never had an issue with tuning any of them. The longer duration and header combo will want to run lean. Bump the fuel pressure up 2-3 lbs on a scope.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.