Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Cooler install....................
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Installed my oil cooler today. Some folks probably saw the thread where this setup was created so I won't go into any detail here. The first step was to apply some foam tape to all the sealing surfaces before installing the intake plenum. This creates a seal between intake and the body.

pics:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
I used very thin, easily compressable foam to seal between the coolr and the intake plenum.

Click to view attachment
East coaster
Here's the outlet (or exhaust) plenum. I bonded three small fans into the plenum for a "traffic jam" scenario. I don't feel I'll need these otherwise. They'll be hooked to a switch and only used if/when needed. They actually throw quite a bit of air.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
Next came installing the plenums, cooler and oil lines. I used 45 degree bulkhead fittings under the tank. That gave the hose a nice path to the cooler.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
grasshopper
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jun 30 2006, 07:53 PM) *

Some folks probably saw the thread where this setup was created so I won't go into any detail here.

I didn't, got a link?? Looks amazing!
Randal
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jun 30 2006, 09:00 PM) *

Here's the outlet (or exhaust) plenum. I bonded three small fans into the plenum for a "traffic jam" scenario. I don't feel I'll need these otherwise. They'll be hooked to a switch and only used if/when needed. They actually throw quite a bit of air.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Beautiful! smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Shoddy...

w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
Do you have to call the Geek Squad if one of those fans goes bad? biggrin.gif
East coaster
The intake flanges pass through the openings in the body and air dam. It gives it kind of a buck tooth smile biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
I also intalled the gas tank and the car's ready to sit on it's wheels for the first time. I plan to get it off the stand it's on and hopfully install the engine this weekend!

Here's the heart of the beast ready for installation (after I bolt the sheet metal on)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 30 2006, 08:08 PM) *

Do you have to call the Geek Squad if one of those fans goes bad? biggrin.gif

That's a good one!! beerchug.gif
East coaster
Here's the link for the making of the plenums and oil cooler mounting:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=46489&hl=
AZ914
dang nice!!! smilie_pokal.gif
spunone
Those fans work great .I use 2 on my amp in my boat moves enough air to keep it cool from shutting down when it's 117 degrees outside.Great setup clap56.gif
RON S.
That is beautiful, thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif

I must say,we have some serious craftsman associated with this site.

Way yo go!

Ron
machina
that is the nicest cooler install I have seen but I don't think those tiny fans are going to do anything but block the airflow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.