Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Sat. night scare. just spent 5 hours in the ER ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sixnotfour
You gotta finish that six , well both sixes,
Take Care
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Jul 3 2006, 11:56 PM) *

it sounds like Mrs K can speak on this...

but didn't SirAndy say that the left-side of his face went numb?

That isn't heart related, that's signs of a Stroke, right?

My 71yr father just had a mini-stroke a couple of weeks ago. Doctors said a very small blood vessel in his head ruptured, so small that it didn't cause any long-term effects (thank goodness) but that morning my dad kept falling to his left, couldn't get his left arm up onto the table to grab the paper either.
He felt better after about an hour and has felt fine since, but you gotta watch that stuff.
Scary.

Like everyone else has said, take care of yourself Andy.

Left arm / side of the face can be a sign of heart problems. Can also be a sign of a panic attack. That's why we go see Doctors.
nebreitling
anyone got an update?
Mrs. K
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 4 2006, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Jul 3 2006, 11:56 PM) *

it sounds like Mrs K can speak on this...

but didn't SirAndy say that the left-side of his face went numb?

That isn't heart related, that's signs of a Stroke, right?

Left arm / side of the face can be a sign of heart problems. Can also be a sign of a panic attack. That's why we go see Doctors.

Couldn't have said it better smile.gif

Lisa

mrs.K.gif
Qarl
Jumper cables...
jonwatts

Can also be a sign of a panic attack.

I was just thinking the same thing. Andy's got two /6 projects going on at once. Don't you think there might be a little panic setting in wink.gif

Andy, does Shannon have her own account? Sign her up so we can get updates while you are hepped up on goofballs.

TimT
hijacked.gif

I had my eye "de-burred" with a tool that looked and sounded like a dremel.....the piece of steel left a rust ring in my eye....

went through that last a week ago... my vision is back to 20/25... which is not what Im used to

[/hijack]

been through a heart episode also within the last two years... contrary to what some say its nice to know all the A-Holess give a crap... whether or not the advice is heeded or aknowledged, it makes a difference.

Im beginning to agree with the "getting old sucks" mantra...

BTW there is 20 lbs less of me than there was when I had some cardiac issues

lose weight, eat well, exercise.. then you can push away the "getting old sucks" mantra

Be well Andy

."so, if you have similar things happen to you, take my advice and "listen to your heart" ...
don't put it off like it did.
"

EXCELLANT advice !
grantsfo
Everything OK?
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 5 2006, 09:00 AM) *

Everything OK?

i'm feeling better today. looks like the meds are working. i'm not as tired anymore this morning.
i actually feel fine walking around.

all i need now is some booze, a cup of coffee, a burger and a cigarette!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
The meds must be working well!!

Normally he isnt funny..LOL

B
r_towle
hi,
Andy, I hope you are all better, and just got a shot across the bow of the ship...

My father inlaw went in for the angiogram..came out a few days later ...quadruple bipass..

He is alot older than you..and he splits all his own firewood...

He stopped eating bread and meat...his bad cholesteral dropped like a rock...hes in the best shape I have seen him in over a decade...

So, look closely at the diet books...
We put hormones in the meat in the USA (not like germany) and that purpose is to make the animal retain weight...think about it..what are the hormones doing to us.....

Rich
maf914
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Jul 4 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Can also be a sign of a panic attack.

I was just thinking the same thing. Andy's got two /6 projects going on at once. Don't you think there might be a little panic setting in wink.gif

I also thought about that. Panic-attack, stress-attack, hyper tension. I went through this about four years ago. Pounding heart, chest pains. strange sensations, and toss in a dose of fear. Scary because you don't know what's happening. And it can build up slowly so you may not think it's serious until you cannot function. I ended up in the emergency room for the first time in my life thinking I was having a heart attack. Luckily no problem with the heart, but problems with stress and anxiety. Things are better now.

Glad to hear you're doing okay, Andy. Follow your doctors advice and take care of yourself.
horizontally-opposed
Yipes, I go away for a week and this happens?!?!? WTF.gif

I was surprised to find out you were such a geezer in the parking lot at Scott's place, but you sure looked like a healthy geezer... biggrin.gif

I am glad to hear you're alright for now, but am hoping they'll figure out the right path forward. I imagine some diet root beer is in order... beer.gif

pete
GWN7
asdf

aircooledboy
E-yikes!!!!!

Glad things are falling into place Ahhhndy. Take care of yourself. aktion035.gif

As that 40th birthday fades farther into the rear view mirror, I have come to the unpleasant realization that mortality is a bitch AND she won't stand for being ignored. blink.gif

w00t.gif
pete-stevers
shit andy.....!!!
i am getting a bit worried.....
i don't know what to say.....becuase i know little of what is going on....
but i am hoping this can be cleared up with a little time and lots of rest....
steve, and family
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.