Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WRX914
I can not believe it myself, but I am the very proud owner of a new oem targa seal.

boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
thesey914
where'd you get it....i have been told they're on back order until september
Joe Bob
Don't split the seams....
Allan
Which one?
brer
whats the part # on those seals??
WRX914
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:14 AM) *

where'd you get it....i have been told they're on back order until september

A family member had one for his restoration project that went south. He GAVE it to me!!!

Don, you rock!

beerchug.gif
WRX914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 5 2006, 09:28 AM) *

Which one?

The front one that goes across the top of the windshield and down the doors. The one that you can not find...

SirAndy
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:05 AM) *

boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

don't jump too much ...

the car will still leak. from the rear window and the seam between the front seal and the top side seals.
and that is if the rest of your seals are in good condition! if not, it'll leak everywhere ...

good news is, once the floorpans are rusted through, you won't have any standing water in the cabin anymore ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: can you tell i'm in a good mood? biggrin.gif
WRX914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 5 2006, 10:17 AM) *

don't jump too much ...

the car will still leak. from the rear window and the seam between the front seal and the top side seals.
and that is if the rest of your seals are in good condition! if not, it'll leak everywhere ...

good news is, once the floorpans are rusted through, you won't have any standing water in the cabin anymore ...
bye1.gif Andy

POP!

do you hear that? Oh, that is nothing... It is just Andy bursting my bubble!

New seals everywhere...
StratPlayer
I saw one on ebay, last time I checked the bidding was up to 450 bucks.
Brad Roberts
That's ok. Boxsters leak also! They are also rusting in the floorpans!

B
nomore9one4
I got a new one for free also. dry.gif Mr.Scott Kline set me up about 2 years ago.There are many many great people on this board! drunk.gif
JPB
I must protest! Yours will rust but not mine. I installed a 22 guage 4X5 SINGLE sheet of galvenized metal and sealed all around for good measure! Some other parts were added for strength and it ways half the stock did.

:beer1:And add all the Por15 she can handel!
GWN7
Simple solution...everone buy a 916 and you don't need the seal anymore..........
WRX914
icon_bump.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 5 2006, 10:17 AM) *

don't jump too much ...

bye1.gif Andy

Just don't drive it in the rain
Howard
I hate to show my age here, but we had the same problems with 356's. Easy solution: Install floor drains. The water will always get in, these cars rust because the water can't get OUT.
Lou W
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 10 2006, 12:13 PM) *

I hate to show my age here, but we had the same problems with 356's. Easy solution: Install floor drains. The water will always get in, these cars rust because the water can't get OUT.

Damn, after all that work, it's gonna start rusting again? mad.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jul 10 2006, 12:24 PM) *

Damn, after all that work, it's gonna start rusting again? mad.gif

Yup. Old guys, old cars....
Tobra

That is what the PO of my car told me I should do, they rust from the inside out, so put in drains at the low spots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.