Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS/ CHT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Hey all. She's still runnin rich. I was getting advice on my injection problems recently and someone mentioned testing the MPS and CHT. I'm new to all the automotive acronyms, so if someone could enlighten me on what those stand for, it would help me a lot. Also, how do you test those? I've done some diagnostic and prettymuch concluded that it's some sort of failing component. I've already checked for vacuum leaks, proper electrical connections, fuel pressure, proper injector and cold start valve pulse, and all that stuff. I haven't, however, checked the component compatability. I will when I get a chance, but it was running fine before it sat for 7 years, so I doubt that's the problem. Anyways, the brakes were finished yesterday, so she's ready to go other than the injection probs. So if you could tell me how to test those components, I'd appreciate it. Thanks AGAIN guys.
Mark D.
ptravnic
you can get a full understanding of the FI system (trouble shooting, explanation, and a whole lot more than you prob care about) from Brad Ander's write up on rennlist. Here's the link:

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/

BTW,

MPS = Manifold Pressure Sensor
CHT = Cylinder Head Temp Sensor (don't ask me why it's not referred to as a CHTS as the moniker does not jive w/the MPS moniker...I think about worthless things sometimes...)

Now, git er done!
BMartin914
Brad Anders' D-Jet site should be required reading for anyone who is even *thinking* about owning one of these cars with D-Jet.

Read it, once, twice, twelve times. By then you will know every component, what it does, how many variations existed for said component and, if you have a real good memory, how to test each component and the necessary values.

I had D-Jet issues in the past - when I was a noob. I read through Anders' site like it was the gospel and printed out a copy to refer to when I need it.

Soon, people near you will have issues and they will turn to you, the local D-Jet guru...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.