Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another dumb question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I'm installing my rear window tomorrow and since I already completely cleaned all the tape/residue from the window, there's no longer any tell tale signs of which side was inside and which was out! The only way to distinguish one side from the other is the v-dub logo/text on one side.

Does the little V-dub logo go on the inside or out??

I realize it probably doesn't matter, but I'd rather put it back the way it supposed to be.
Mike McGrath
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jul 6 2006, 08:38 PM) *

I'm installing my rear window tomorrow and since I already completely cleaned all the tape/residue from the window, there's no longer any tell tale signs of which side was inside and which was out! The only way to distinguish one side from the other is the v-dub logo/text on one side.

Does the little V-dub logo go on the inside or out??

I realize it probably doesn't matter, but I'd rather put it back the way it supposed to be.

Someone once told me that it did matter and you were supposed to put it back in the same side in and out. Are you sure you cleaned it that well??? Maybe there's a little left. I'd try it both ways to make sure, just in case.

Mike (in Portland)
So.Cal.914
I haven't done much auto glass, but I have worked as a glazer. When we would

set glass we would put the bug on the inside at the bottem
jonwatts
If you breath on the glass (fog it up) near the edge you may be able to tell which side had the seal and which didn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.