Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75-76 front fuel pump conversion 1/2" fuel line? Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VintageExcellence
So I am installing a 75 fule pump into my 73 914-6 conversion. I have a rebuilt 75 fuel pump, and a Motronic fuel pump from the 86 911 I got my engine from.

The inlet side nipple of both fuel pumps is just a hair under 1/2". Now I have not seen a fulr tank nipple that is also 1/2" nor have I seen any fuel line that is close to 1/2" ID.

Am I missing something? What is going on, why is there such a large fuel line nipple on these fuel pumps? Can anyone help me, I can't believe this is holding me up on getting my 914-6 conversion going.

Thanks
Kirmizi
For what it's worth, I just replaced the front fuel lines and pump in my '75 carb'd 4 cylinder. The new pump was for a /6 and both inlet and outlet fit the new 5/16" (7.9mm) hose. Previously, there were two fuel filters installed (and two pumps, go figure). One of the filters had what looked to be a 5/16" inlet but an approx. 3/8" outlet; P/N 0.450.901.005. The other filter had the same size inlet/outlet; 0.450.901.003. Hope this helps. Mike
VintageExcellence
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jul 8 2006, 05:15 PM) *

For what it's worth, I just replaced the front fuel lines and pump in my '75 carb'd 4 cylinder. The new pump was for a /6 and both inlet and outlet fit the new 5/16" (7.9mm) hose. Previously, there were two fuel filters installed (and two pumps, go figure). One of the filters had what looked to be a 5/16" inlet but an approx. 3/8" outlet; P/N 0.450.901.005. The other filter had the same size inlet/outlet; 0.450.901.003. Hope this helps. Mike

Thanks, so you are saying you used a 914-6 fuel pump? I have a 914-6 stitting in my yard awaiting restoration. Maybe I can pull the pump and try it. I need a electric fuel pump that has 5/16 inlet and outlet, that would be perfect. I can't use the early 4cyl 3 nipple pump because my lines are not routed for that pump.

These conversions can be tricky when using Motronic FI, my carbed 3.0L was much easier.
mihai914
I think that what you are missing is a 75-76 fuel filter which will have a small inlet and bigger outlet. That should fix your problem. I doubt you can use the -6 pump since it's application is carbs and yours is FI. If I were you, I would use the pump that came with the engine, provided that it works well. The 914 pump will work also if it can provide enough flow for the 3.0.
eeyore
agree.gif

Use a later fuel filter with 2 different O.D. nozzles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.