Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.4 rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
A guy I know wants me to quote a rebuild on his engine. Its is a 73 911T 2.4 CIS.
I have never rebuilt a Porsche six before. I have many years experence building race motors of many types. I am sure I can handle it but I havent a clue as what it could cost. Can anyone ballpark this one? Its in the car now and drivable. Havent seen it yet.
Thanks
David
GeorgeRud
The 2.4 shouldn't be much different than the 2.7 rebuild after all these years. Without tearing it down, there is really no way that you can know what parts will need freshening and which will need replacing - you are talking about a 32 year old engine after all.

The prices should be similar to those quoted in "How to rebuild your 911 engine" by Wayne Dempsey. Just add in inflation and parts availability issues! Good Luck!
TimT
You can easily run up $5000-6000 in parts and machining alone. This is not concidering the labor to remove the engine, tear it down, clean measure, and determine what if any parts can be reused, or refurbished. Then there is reassembly and installation.

$10000 is not unheard of for a 911 rebuild. The if you do any zoomy stuff the prce keeps ratcheting up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.