Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.4 rebuild
dwillouby
post Jul 9 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29
Region Association: None

A guy I know wants me to quote a rebuild on his engine. Its is a 73 911T 2.4 CIS.
I have never rebuilt a Porsche six before. I have many years experence building race motors of many types. I am sure I can handle it but I havent a clue as what it could cost. Can anyone ballpark this one? Its in the car now and drivable. Havent seen it yet.
Thanks
David
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jul 9 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The 2.4 shouldn't be much different than the 2.7 rebuild after all these years. Without tearing it down, there is really no way that you can know what parts will need freshening and which will need replacing - you are talking about a 32 year old engine after all.

The prices should be similar to those quoted in "How to rebuild your 911 engine" by Wayne Dempsey. Just add in inflation and parts availability issues! Good Luck!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jul 9 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #3

retired

Member No.: 313

You can easily run up $5000-6000 in parts and machining alone. This is not concidering the labor to remove the engine, tear it down, clean measure, and determine what if any parts can be reused, or refurbished. Then there is reassembly and installation.

$10000 is not unheard of for a 911 rebuild. The if you do any zoomy stuff the prce keeps ratcheting up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 06:25 PM